A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Avatar and Signature thread

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » August 7th, 2011, 5:40 am

Whooosh.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 7th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Creepy much? ;)
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ewuvi » August 7th, 2011, 3:16 pm

LIZZIE! YES!

So shoulda stabbed that guy though...
ewuvi

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » August 7th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Psalm, you just don't understand. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CREEPY A HA HA HA HA, BUT SHE'LL FOR GIVE YOU SHE DOESN'T CARE.

Oh, she'll stab something ewuvi. Just not the person you think she'll stab.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 8th, 2011, 7:26 pm

So long as she doesn't stab me.

Changed my sig for a bit. Ran into a grammar purist that I had to cut down to size. Oh, I enjoyed reducing their logic for the fallacy it was.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 8th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Reminds me of a video I read on Merriam Webster about the plural form for Octopus. Fun times.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 8th, 2011, 10:07 pm

I used add-block to remove your avatar, Quote, HA HA HA. (Exceptions made for the rest of the sight, of course.) I'm thinking about using it on yours, too, Spence... that's creepy (in a whole other way).
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 8th, 2011, 11:18 pm

What? No love for Bishie Vegeta? :3
ShonenHero

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 9th, 2011, 9:52 am

Umm, Spec, it looks like someone got him stoned and he's looking at Goku in a way that would have Chichi, Videl and Bulma going into a certain kind of fangirl mode.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Farmer_10 » August 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm

BAM! Meet Super Robot Pony. Can't believe it took me this long to come up with this. Oh and just for poops and giggles
Spoiler: show
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby doc.exe » August 10th, 2011, 2:34 pm

:eep How can someone combine "awesome" and "cute" in such quantities, I will never know.
Umm, Spec, it looks like someone got him stoned and he's looking at Goku in a way that would have Chichi, Videl and Bulma going into a certain kind of fangirl mode.
I think Bulma and Chichi would gape in horror (I mean, they are married to the two guys!). I don't know about Videl though.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 10th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Bulma would feel responsible; saiyans are often known for the OCD, cardiac problems, and high blood pressure! She thought the meds would help!
ShonenHero

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » August 26th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Since the greater majority of the forum knows that a non-standard colored message from me is invoking my mod-voice, I decided to change up my sig some. And found the perfect quote.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » August 27th, 2011, 12:43 am

Since the greater majority of the forum knows that a non-standard colored message from me is invoking my mod-voice, I decided to change up my sig some. And found the perfect quote.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America
Now that is a badass quote.
Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on August 29th, 2011, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Lightwhispers » August 29th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Made. of Win.
:waytogo
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 29th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Excellent quote man.

jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » October 18th, 2011, 12:39 pm

Well, I thought I could use a change on my avatar a long time ago, but I couldn't decide on a particular image. Then a few weeks ago I was snooping at the library when I found they had the original hardcover version of the new Venom series by Rick Remender. Given that I don't know if Marvel Mexico is ever going to publish that series here, and given how much praise I have seen given to it in different places, I decided to buy it. Finally finished reading it yesterday. It's an awesome comic!

It's probably the best solo tittle Venom has have in its entire history (seriously, all his other solo series I have read have been horrible), and the first time the idea of portraying the character as an antihero has actually worked. It also includes the more complex, more interesting and more sympathetic portrayal of Flash Thompson I have read so far. Thus I decided to use it as my avatar.

I just hope the series is succesful enough to run for a few more years. This the best version of Venom in years, and considering how Eddie Brock has been turned into a joke and how Mac Gargan never worked in the role, it would be really sad to see it go.

I also hope it gets published by the distributor of my country (it's more cheap to buy comics from them than to buy the original English version), and that they bring a few more titles by Rick Remender (I have heard Uncanny X-Force is awesome as well).
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » October 20th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Digging the new avatar, man.

Just updated mine. It's the same idea as the last one, but a new pose and just showing the lighting progress so far. It looks a lot cooler at 2000x2000, but don't they always?
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » October 20th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Any way to get 300x300 avatars? :want:
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Magnificate » October 21st, 2011, 3:19 am

So, I'd like to get Ryoko Asakura drawn in Baldur's Gate 1 style avatar. (Preferably for free.) Where should I look?
Magnificate

Unread postby Wittgen » October 21st, 2011, 5:10 am

What do you mean by Baldur's Gate style? Baldur's Gate avatars are just face and shoulder pictures, and you seem to have plenty of those. Why not just import? Or do you want a more realistic style?
Wittgen

Unread postby Magnificate » October 21st, 2011, 8:37 am

What do you mean by Baldur's Gate style?
Sort of painted photography with vivid colors. BG1 avatars are pretty distinctive.
Magnificate

Unread postby Disconnected » April 28th, 2012, 11:55 pm

So after years of faithful service I have decided to retire Shino.
If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Disconnected

Unread postby Greybane » April 29th, 2012, 2:18 am

We shall mourn his loss.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 29th, 2012, 7:28 am

I knew that throwing around all the DDT was a bad idea.

jgkitarel

Return to “%s” General Discussion