Benny's Berthing

Re: Benny's Berthing

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 11:37 pm

"Or there's family alliance stuff. Either way. People are already splitting into groups. Which means running on your own ain't an option."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby spudman » June 12th, 2011, 11:45 pm

"Exactly, but right now what we got ain't much better. Just a few people that know next to nothin' about all this magic stuff or any society in it. That needs to change. So, we keep our eyes open and start talking to people, but we also gotta be careful about it."
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 11:51 pm

"Right. Although I don't think it's going to be simple."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 12th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Nik jumps at the contact, and warily backs away, eyeing the bloody handprint on his shirt and the boy who left it, barely registering any of the other conversation.

"What?"
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby spudman » June 13th, 2011, 12:00 am

"Sit down, Tesla."

And try not to agitate the nutjob...

"We were talking about needing to talk to people. There was that group that looked like rich kids. Old money, maybe old magic families. You'd need to kiss a lot of @$$ with them. There were also the Asians. They may be reluctant to actually include anyone who ain't Asian in their group, but it could be worth a shot to establish dialogue. The question is, what do we have to offer to anyone that we'd want to know?"
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » June 13th, 2011, 12:28 am

"Not much. We have manpower maybe. As for the Asians...yeah not really possible if I'm helping you. Kind of F#$@!* that up."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby spudman » June 13th, 2011, 5:15 am

"Eastern cultures take formal apologies seriously, I think we could patch things up for you if we have to."

"There is something else we might be able to offer. I haven't really had time to brush up on any student code of ethics, if they even have one, but I have a feeling they wouldn't really give a
$%*^ about certain herbs and substances that are illegal elsewhere. Course, we'd have to do some research around the school, see if it's even an option. But if it is, would providing that kind of product be something anyone has objections too?"

oog:

anyone objecting: Drugs are bad m'kay.

Greg: Just try this. :pill:

anyone objecting: :yaeh_am_not_durnk:
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » June 13th, 2011, 5:48 am

"No Meth and no Heroin. Otherwise I'm fine with it."

oog: Yeah drug abuse bad. Sadly my character doesn't have a problem with it beyond the ones he mentioned.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 13th, 2011, 10:05 am

Benny looks up from his funk, his eyes going hard. "No. No drugs. We start doing that, we're going to end up as one of those high-connected asshat's goon squad. And holmes don' play that game." As he talks, his up till now near unnoticeable Spanish accent is becoming more pronounced. "And if we start kissin ass, it'll go down th' same way. And Ancell, I may not like the way Clara said it, but I'm not pissed off at her that much either. Listen to y'self, you're sounding exactly like what she said we were gonna turn into. We're better'n that. You're better'n that. I think that our best bet, is to keep to this core group here, and kensider Clara, Max, and maybe even Shannon, as potential sources of information. They said they weren't gonna declare for us, but they did say that they were still willin' ta help us. We jus' need to find out what they're gonna want in return, aye? An' for all we know, any groups in here have already seen us moving with Max and Shannon. If they have, we're marked. They won't trust us, and approachin 'em will make it look like we're trying to get inside their groups to spy. An' I don' think that will end well for any of us, yeah?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 13th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Nik swallows and sits back down, still eyeing Ancell warily.

"Yeah....I have to agree with Benny on this one."
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » June 13th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Shawn looks at Ben

"Alright. Outside of some...cases. I've never had a problem with drugs. But if you don't want to run them I can get that."

Shawn shrugs.
"I don't know how to make them in anyways."
*I was the runner never the supplier*
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 13th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Ancell looks to Benny and shakes his head. "You don't understand. It be a matter of cultural pride. By the sounds of things, that...lassie, is from Scotland. Glasgow, even. To see one o my own, walking in here, using every word to twist what you said, put you down, make you feel like shit. ...She's a bully, and it makes me sick to be from the same city as her." Ancell spits on the ground. He turns back to Benny. "I said she was a b@?!*, and I said we're better off without her. I stand by both those statements."

Ancell speaks to Shawn. "Aye, no drugs. Best to stay out of that business."

Ancell then turns to continue speaking to that Nikola kid...and he's moved away. Seeing a red splotch on his shoulder, he looks down at his hand.

*Well...shit. I f***ed this one up, right good.*
bookworm702

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 13th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Benny sighs and grabs a small First Aid kit from under one of the work benches. "Here, let's get that bandaged at least."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 13th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Ancell looks a little indecisive, but decides to go over and have Benny help him dress his hands.
bookworm702

Unread postby spudman » June 13th, 2011, 8:19 pm

"Fine, nothing hard. I prefer it that way, actually. I'd need a few things but we could start growing and slingin' some dope. Least with that it's easier to stay independent. You're right that we've probably already been associated with those three and that we need to talk to them, but that doesn't mean we can't talk to other people. You're really assuming the worst. If some groups are so paranoid that they'll actually hurt anyone who even approaches them, then they won't last long, so I don't think it's that likely."
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » June 14th, 2011, 9:28 pm

"They'll probably won't react poorly to established groups. But new ones cutting in on the competition. Come man you know how that stuff goes down."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby spudman » June 15th, 2011, 5:43 am

Greg sighs. "We don't even know what most people are specifically after. Generally though, everyone wants to survive this place. Starting fights ain't gonna help them with that. You'd get a warning first if they really don't want to talk. We isolate ourselves, then our "purpose" is a complete mystery and people will assume we're plotting against them, or that we're frightened little bitches, which is worse. I'm not sayin' we need to start a magic model U.N. and be diplomats but ya gotta take some chances and talk to people. You're worried about talking formal business, fine, don't say anything about stuff like that unless they want to bring it up. But that doesn't mean you can't talk to people at all. Like, before class, in the dining hall, or just while doing something during free time. Believe it or not, people actually have casual conversations every now and then without ulterior motives or anyone thinking too much about it. *#$%."
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » June 15th, 2011, 6:43 am

"Maybe on the outside. But I don't think we're using those rules anymore. The teachers are willing to let people die to make a point. I'm not going to be a dick. But I'm not going to go out of my way to be extra friendly to the other group. What was it you said Kirana? This place is run on Darwinian and Mac-something principles?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 15th, 2011, 9:30 am

Benny puts his hand over his eyes. "Machiavellian, which means that everyone is trying to manipulate everyone else so that they come out on top. I am so out of my depth here, it ain't even funny. As to what our "purpose" is? I thought it was simply survival and mutual protection." He uncovers his face and stands. "I think we're operating with too little info right now." He looks over at Kirana. "You seem to know a lot about what's going on here, can you shed some light on the issue?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 15th, 2011, 7:58 pm

When Benjamin stood up, Kirana stepped back to lean against the wall, listening to the debate with that little half-smile on her face. Finding herself addressed, she straightens up, smiles brightly at everyone, and replies, "What precisely do you desire information on? Objectives? I would advise operating with the goals of primarily, survive; secondarily, attempt to forge alliances and avoid making enemies; and tertiarily, acquire information, not only about magic but about any topic on which information is readily available. The school itself? Of the building I know little; of the faculty, less. Magic? On that topic I am well-informed, but a full detailing of all information I possess would take a significant amount of time. A more specific inquiry to address would be beneficial to me. Something else? In that case, please elucidate."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 15th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Benny blinks, before nodding slowly. "Ooooooookay. Do you have any information on who we could approach with the least possibility of being used? You seemed to know something about Max..." he trails off.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 15th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Kirana considers.
"I know only a little. Maximilian is the descendant of mages. He will be skilled in manipulation, in the twisting of words, in hiding his true thoughts. Whether he is trustworthy, I cannot say for certain; but Shawn does not trust him, and I am inclined to agree with Shawn's assessment. Maximilian has a plan, and it may not be to our benefit. However, I believe that while he is not necessarily our friend, neither is he yet our enemy."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Darkandus » June 15th, 2011, 9:17 pm

There was a knock on the door before it pushed open, Max sticking his head in.

"Almost forgot. Overload a spell and you're liable to die. Or worse. Have fun with that."

With that he closed the door again.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 15th, 2011, 9:31 pm

"Perhaps unfortunately, he is entirely correct."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » June 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm

"Well that would be something that the teachers should have told us. Bastards."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life