Benny's Berthing

Re: Benny's Berthing

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 16th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Kirana lets the silence stretch for a moment before she speaks again.
"Your original question, I believe, was who is least risky to approach?"
She looks around the room, making note of who is present.
"Othello is, in my opinion, least likely to attempt to use us, but he has already made it clear that he is against this type of alliance. Elizabeth seems to me the least risky to approach of those who might be willing to ally themselves with us, though how amenable she is to alliance I do not know."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby spudman » June 17th, 2011, 1:46 am

"So we tell her we're not creating a formal alliance, gang, or anything like that. That's the truth at this point, anyway. We're just hanging out, and sometimes the topic of how to not die horribly comes up."

"Actually, I got a question since the goons that knocked me out never told me. I'm honestly not sure where this place even is, does anyone here know?"
spudman

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 17th, 2011, 3:11 am

"In a pocket dimension," Kirana answers cheerfully.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » June 17th, 2011, 3:11 am

"A what now?"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 17th, 2011, 10:43 am

"A place that sits between realities. Think of it like a bubble in space-time. And I'd bet my last sourcebook that only the faculty and the Headmaster know how to open the way back without dying horribly or letting C'Thulu snack on the person opening the portal. And I agree with what you're saying Greg, at this point I think we're better off ditching my idea for a close-knit group, we all simply seem to have too much of a disparity between how we want to handle this place. But like you said, I wouldn't be adverse to hanging out with you guys."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 17th, 2011, 4:03 pm

"What is 'hanging out'?" Kirana inquires. "The literal definition does not seem to fit into the context given."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 17th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Benny's eyebrows appear to be getting some extra exercise thanks to Kiranna. "It's a slang term for a group of friends simply enjoying being around one another, talking, joking, comparing notes on whose life is worse and/or better. Basically just an excuse to be around your peers and unwind and relax."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 17th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Kirana claps her hands together delightedly.
"That sounds like fun!"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » June 20th, 2011, 1:36 am

"Eh sure we can do that. We've got time to kill until dinner anyways."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 20th, 2011, 9:03 pm

"Benjamin, you mentioned earlier that you would be willing to show me your laptop... is now a good time?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 20th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Benny nods and sets up his laptop, before starting up Beauty and the Beast. "Here's that movie I was telling you about before."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 20th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Kirana's eyes spark with interest. As Benjamin sets up the laptop, she moves around, examining it from all sides.
"Amazing!" she says as the movie starts up. "You are an alchemist, yes? And yet even so, to anchor an enchantment to an object like this... it must have been terribly difficult, however did you do it?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 21st, 2011, 12:11 am

Nik has been sitting back, listening to the conversation and keeping quiet. After Max sticks his head back into the room and makes his most pleasant little announcement, he simply freezes there for a few moments.

This has to be the most screwed up school in the history of the universe.

He sits there, a magazine held loosely in his hands, and simply stares off into space, thinking. He misses almost the entirety of the conversation going on between the rest of the group.

God this is the same damn thing all over again. People out to get me because I'm new, or look weak. Or just because. and I always take it. But I might die here. Being picked on back home doesn't sound so bad anymore.

As the girl, Nikola forgets what her name is, makes her statement, Nik starts laughing, the sheer absurdity of the day catching up with him. It has the slightest tinge of hysteria in it.

"Heh. heheh. Heheheheh."
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » June 21st, 2011, 12:17 am

Shawn who had been leaning against an open wall. He turns to look at the kid laughing.

"Eh? What's so funny?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 21st, 2011, 12:33 am

Nik keeps laughing for a while, then finally winds down and starts taking deep, almost gasping breaths.

"Heh. Heheh. T-two weeks ago I was worried about s-some rit stuffing me in a locker or b-beating me up. N-now t-that doesn't sound so bad. Heh."
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 21st, 2011, 12:52 am

Benny focuses on Kirana for a moment. "There's no magic to this, it's all science. I didn't even put it together, I just bought it." He turns to look at Nik. "Uh, you okay dude?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 21st, 2011, 12:54 am

"I guess I agree with you. At least back home I could run if someone wanted me dead. Here that ain't an option. Still at least we have a chance."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 21st, 2011, 1:04 am

Nik's laughter returns for a few minutes.

"No I'm not okay! JEBI! I've seen two people freaking killed right in front of me. D E A D DEAD. we all saw it! I've been constantly quoting a freaking scifi book in my head just to keep from freaking out and puking all over myself. It all seemed so unreal until just now."

Nik stops and starts taking deep breaths again.
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » June 21st, 2011, 1:47 am

*Aw crap*

Shawn seems to think for a few moments before he starts talking again.

"Your right. Most of us aren't ready for this. Most of us didn't even want this. But we're here now. So we have to deal. I can get you being freaked by a dead body. But buddy you aren't alone here. Even as F***** as this school is. Some people have decided they're on your side. Draw on that."

A brief look of confusion appears on Shawn's face.

"Rough as it is. You can do this. Alright?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 21st, 2011, 1:52 am

Now is probably a bad time to ask what "sci-fi" is.
Kirana turns away from the fascinating device and moves to sit down next to Nikola.
"I expected people to die," she says softly, "and yet I find that the reality still has the capacity to disturb me. Nikola... this is not a happy place. But you have friends. That already gives you a great advantage. 'Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,' ne?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 21st, 2011, 12:13 pm

"That's only half the quote Kirana. The other half is 'because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the entire valley.' And right now, we ain't. But given time, I think we will be." Benny lays a hand on Nik's other shoulder. "But like Shawn said, we're here and we're willing to help you."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 21st, 2011, 4:07 pm

Nikola takes a few more deep breaths, then lets out a long sigh, his eyes clenched tightly shut where he sits. As he sits there, a small niggling voice in the back of his mind speaks up.

They are right you know. Freaking out like this isn't going to do you any good. Take some initative. Show a little spine. Face your fear like in that litany you've been repeating to yourself all day. You're stuck, but it could be worse. At least you aren't alone.

But what if-

None of that. You're a smart guy. You'll figure something out. You always wanted real friends right? Well here you go. Its a start.

He visably relaxes, and opening his eyes gives everyone a small, shaky smile.

"R-right. Thanks."
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 21st, 2011, 5:08 pm

Kirana smiles encouragingly at Nikola.
"You are welcome."
Turning to Benjamin, she adds, "That is not how the quote goes, it goes 'for Thou art with me', by which is meant 'for the Lord is with me'. What you said does not even make sense, why would badness reduce fear?"
She appears genuinely puzzled.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » June 21st, 2011, 5:18 pm

"Kir I...alright. What Ben said is something that people use to pump themselves up. It's another way of saying 'I am am the most powerful and scary person in the valley' okay?"

Shawn resists rolling his eyes somehow.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 21st, 2011, 7:37 pm

Benny nods. "Basically. What I've always taken it to mean is 'no matter what comes at me, I can take it and beat it into submission'. 'Baddest' in this case refers to the person saying the phrase being of above average or even extraordinary power or skill. And to be honest, the fact that we're all here means we've got the capability to be extraordinary. We just have to make it through the crucible that is this school."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life