Crowning Moments of Funny in Team 8

Re: Crowning Moments of Funny in Team 8

Unread postby LinkSeasonMaster » March 7th, 2015, 11:23 pm

A brand new chapter, and with it, more instances of good humor. Hooray! And there are so many examples I could choose from. Now which one to start with...Perhaps this scene?
Spoiler: show
"Your girlfriend's father does good work," she observed in an approving tone.

Shino merely raised an eyebrow in response.

"What did she think of your little idea?" Misato asked curiously.

"I was informed that if I ever used it during one of our spars, she would render me incapable of future reproduction," Shino replied.

"Wow!" Misato gushed, "I can practically hear the wedding vows now!"

Shino sighed as he took his weapons and left for training.

"Must you?" Shibi asked his wife.

"I must," Misato replied. "He's never going to get a girlfriend at this rate."

Shibi sighed.
There's just something about how Shino acts here that I find so amusing! Then again, this is Shino I'm talking about here. I really shouldn't be surprised at all at this point.
"This world is full of interesting things! It's the best! You don't have even one second to waste doing stuff you don't want to do!" - Kagami Junichirou
LinkSeasonMaster

Unread postby Nitramy » March 8th, 2015, 4:27 am

If Misato does the whole "I WANT GRANDKIDS" spiel to Tenten, I will laugh out loud and long.

Even more if she does the "babies, fellow kunoichi. As many as you can provide for, as quickly as you may produce them. Babies, BABIES, BABIES."
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby LinkSeasonMaster » May 3rd, 2015, 11:22 pm

Since I first found Team 8 a little over 3 years ago, I've it a personal policy that whenever I get around to reading a new update, I make sure to read through the chapter prior to it once again before beginning the latest installment. As a result, it means more opportunities to find more humorous moments!

Another one from Chapter 23:
Hinata resisted the urge to worry at her lip as she concentrated on the chakra flowing through her hands. She did not flinch as the fish under her hands gave a feeble twitch. Any mistakes now and this fish would be just as dead as the last one. She felt bad for the fish, but Tsunade-sama insisted that this was the best way to learn the Mystical Palm healing technique.

Also, part of her duties included preparing dinner for Tsunade-sama and Shizune-sempai… and she was running out of new fish recipes.
And from Chapter 24, where Iruka is initially worried about what sort of mischief Naruto might have in store in the near future, only to get this bombshell instead:
"I need some advice about something, sensei."

Iruka was touched. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. "Naruto, I'm always here for you," he said quietly.

Naruto nodded. "What is love? How do you know if you love someone? And what if one person loves someone that doesn't love them back?"

Iruka stumbled. He realized that defacing the monument wouldn't have been so bad after all.
What makes this one even better for me is that the official voice actor for Iruka in the English dub (and one of my personal favorite voice actors overall) happens to play a character in the Kingdom Hearts series who finds himself in a very similar situation in one of the games. As a result, when I'm picturing this moment in my head, without even meaning to, I can hear Iruka saying internally, "Note to self: Be far more careful about casually making promises from now on. Got it memorized?"

...My thought processes scare me sometimes.
"This world is full of interesting things! It's the best! You don't have even one second to waste doing stuff you don't want to do!" - Kagami Junichirou
LinkSeasonMaster

Unread postby Greatlimmick » May 7th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Personally, I can't read the phrase "What is love?" without mentally adding "Baby, don't hurt me; don't hurt me no more."
Greatlimmick

Unread postby Dechstreme » May 10th, 2015, 9:22 pm

If Misato does the whole "I WANT GRANDKIDS" spiel to Tenten, I will laugh out loud and long.

Even more if she does the "babies, fellow kunoichi. As many as you can provide for, as quickly as you may produce them. Babies, BABIES, BABIES."
No. No. NO. NOPE. NONONONONONONONONONONO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Nitramy » June 27th, 2015, 11:47 am

Why do I have the sinking feeling that Naruto's first summon of The Four will be an epic, drawn-out, drag-down philosophical slobberknocker of the virtues of ramen versus pizza?
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 28th, 2015, 4:35 am

And then they will reach a compromise, ramen pizza. Or pizza flavored ramen
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 29th, 2015, 6:51 pm

They will never compromise. EVER.
Dechstreme

Unread postby MorphCrossing » June 29th, 2015, 7:56 pm

Compromise would be Naruto ordering Ramen as delivered by Ayame and the Turtles ordering pizza as delivered from random pizza delivery guy.
Formerly known as MorphCross before the great deletion of 2011. The Creature Lives!
MorphCrossing

Unread postby rbear1231 » October 30th, 2015, 3:36 am

3. all scenes of shino's mother....both in story and all the omaki that we have all read wrote or made up in our minds.

2. the threat to kakashi's lil orange books.

1 TEACHING NARUTO ANY FORM OF MANNERS....think about it......naruto....manners.....pretty damn epic.
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 16th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Naruto learning manners might be cool, but it isn't funny. So it shouldnt' go here.
Dechstreme

Unread postby rbear1231 » December 19th, 2015, 10:42 am

maybe, i think its funny and awsome...but that thread was even older then this one so i picked this one.
rbear1231

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 19th, 2015, 10:47 am

So long as the thread isn't closed, it's not necroing. And this site isn't as restricted as places like spacebattle, beyond expecting the forum posters to be polite.
Dechstreme

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » January 28th, 2016, 12:41 pm

I've got to say that my favorite funny moment is this:

"Are you aware of her feelings toward you?" Shino asked carefully.

Naruto blushed and nodded.

"I was aware of her preference from the start," Shino said. "As such, while I valued the friendship that developed, I knew that desiring anything more from her would be a hopeless endeavor."

"You knew?" Naruto asked.

"Naruto, I am fairly certain that everyone in our Academy class knew," he clarified.

"You all knew?" Naruto gasped. "Why didn't anyone tell me?"

It gets me every time. And makes me wonder if their relationship is really going to surprise anyone who they know on a personal basis.
JediMasterDraco

Return to “%s” Team 8