A question

A question

Unread postby Dragonlord7 » May 2nd, 2016, 7:34 pm

So, I have been reading HPNOFP for a while, and really like the writing. I have been considering reading Team 8 as well, but am not that familiar with Naruto. So, my question is, is that going to be much of a hindrance for enjoying the story? Do I need to be familiar with the source material or will I still understand what is going on if I jump in blind?

Thanks for the help.
Dragonlord7

Re: A question

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 5th, 2016, 3:35 pm

While some canon knowledge is useful, it's not required. :bow The Evil! Authorlord :bow does some excellent world building.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » May 8th, 2016, 10:13 am

Agreed. I've only watched about a dozen episodes of Naruto (all of them Shippudden) but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying this story.
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby Dragonlord7 » May 16th, 2016, 1:50 am

Alright, thank you! I will go read it then.
Dragonlord7

Unread postby WarriorDrgnMage » February 5th, 2017, 5:31 pm

So I have a question:

In cannon the reason Itachi and Kisame left without Kakashi is because Gai intervened. Where was he in Team 8? Why wasn't he able to intervene this time?
WarriorDrgnMage

AOL: WarriorDrgnMage

Unread postby thrawnca » November 14th, 2018, 8:13 pm

I have never read or watched any part of canon Naruto. But I've lost track of how many fanfics I've read :). At this point, it would probably be interesting to see canon, just to see how well the pieced-together picture in my mind actually fits.

Those who are familiar with canon will presumably appreciate Team 8 in a different way to those who don't, but it's a thoroughly readable story regardless.
thrawnca

Return to “%s” Team 8