Chapter 25 Speculation

Chapter 25 Speculation

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » February 16th, 2016, 4:32 am

So guys, the next chuunin exams are coming up fast and the way I see it, the next chapter will have three choices in its background. One: They're still in Konoha with potential fallout from Naruto and Hinata's relationship upgrade (unlikely, tbh). Two: On the road to Kuma where I see a couple things possibly happening; either Akatsuki ambushes the three teams (lots of wackos to choose from), Orochimaru makes another grab at Mr. Angst, or Hiashi fakes a Cloud ambush. Assuming that the road trip is negligible, we'll arrive in Kuma and I see Killer Bee making quite an impression. I think, at the most, we'll see up to the first part of the exams, but probably not.
JediMasterDraco

Re: Chapter 25 Speculation

Unread postby 36T » February 16th, 2016, 10:08 am

What was number three? Personally I think they'll be in the village at least a little longer, start the trip, and end in a cliff hanger of some kind.
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
36T

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » February 16th, 2016, 11:19 am

Number three was them getting to Cloud without incident and running into Killer Bee.
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » March 3rd, 2016, 3:34 pm

I'm wondering if we'll get an AuthorLord (Evil Be His Name) version of a certain dance if the next chapter is more focused on the journey to Kumo.
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » April 3rd, 2016, 6:03 pm

Just going to throw this out there for the AuthorLord's call, but Hinata mentions the class rankings and how Hiashi was furious that she achieved less than first place, but she didn't actually know her ranking. If it isn't planned as a plot point later on, what was her ranking?
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » May 21st, 2016, 6:21 pm

You know, it jus occurred to me that if Minato and Kushina still have parts of their chakra in Naruto, they are going to be PISSED at the council.
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » May 29th, 2016, 12:31 am

A reread of Team 8 has me wondering about some details; in chapter 2, Kurenai talks about Naruto possibly having to carry a wounded comrade back to Konoha. Is this a reference to the first ambush where Nomaru was injured, or did she carry Mattai's body back with her, perhaps with him even dying in her arms on the way (I know he was stabbed by three swords, but shinobi have survived worse).
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » June 10th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Got another piece of speculation, this one regarding why Hiashi seems hell-bent on restricting Hinata's growth. There's either some prophecy-style event that could have Hinata at it's core (similar to her Byakugan Princess thing from The Last) or he is hoping that she doesn't become the head of the clan because he fears what would happen if she tried to end the tradition of the Caged Bird Seal (former Branch members might use their new-found freedom to address old grievances).

Also, any chance we could have some discussion of theories and such, it's the main reason why I joined this forum to begin with?
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby jay536801 » October 2nd, 2016, 10:13 pm

So guys, the next chuunin exams are coming up fast and the way I see it, the next chapter will have three choices in its background. One: They're still in Konoha with potential fallout from Naruto and Hinata's relationship upgrade (unlikely, tbh). Two: On the road to Kuma where I see a couple things possibly happening; either Akatsuki ambushes the three teams (lots of wackos to choose from), Orochimaru makes another grab at Mr. Angst, or Hiashi fakes a Cloud ambush. Assuming that the road trip is negligible, we'll arrive in Kuma and I see Killer Bee making quite an impression. I think, at the most, we'll see up to the first part of the exams, but probably not.
PLEASE continue this story! This is one of my FAVORITE fanfics! You are a genius! I only read naruto fanfics and only serious ones (not the fun ones or weird ones) and I only read the alternate universe ones, because if I wanted a retelling of the original naruto, I'd re-watch naruto lol. But you sir, are an amazing writer. I love so much that has happened. Please email me, I'd like to discuss the story and ideas/suggestions. I vote for Kakuzu and Hidan to give the traveling genin trouble. I'd also like to see more of Shino get some action with some new jutsu or something. I always felt he was sooo under-rated in the series. My email is john_doe_0897@yahoo.com. please email with 'Team 8' as the title. Also do you have a got fund me or something? I'd gladly pay for this story lol. Email me please
jay536801

Unread postby thearrow » November 4th, 2016, 1:49 am

Hello! This is my first post to the forums! I don't know how active folks are anymore on here but I hope what I say inspires others to use them again! <3

This is going to sound a little fluffy, but what has me really excited about chapter 25 is the potential for a "post-6 months training montage" camping expedition! Just like Team 8 promised each other at Moritake's, they need to relearn how to function as a team and incorporate everything they've learnt into that dynamic. And, very importantly, they need to learn how to function as a team without Kurenai-sensei. As I was re-reading Team 8 (...for easily the 20th time?) I noticed Kurenai's teaching philosophy regarding how the ideal teacher seeks to make her own presence eventually unnecessary for her students—she wants to give them all sorts of tools to keep learning on their own, and to keep growing on their own, and as a team, even without her presence.

I'm really interested in seeing how the group dynamic will evolve without Kurenai-sensei. I also think for both Naruto and Hinata it will be important for both of them to have their family together again—I have no doubt in my mind that the bonds of Team 8 are basically the bonds of family. I am glad Shino has such wonderful parents and a clan to support him on top of Team 8, because I have a funny feeling that in Kurenai's absence he will take over much of her role as the deep thinker and vigilant observer for both Hinata and Naruto, who need someone like that in their lives to look out for them, especially now that there is confirmation of a plot that will entangle both Hinata and Naruto. Shino being an emotionally consistent bastion of support for both of them is actually super important as they move forward with the understanding that depending on how certain political situations pan out, both or either Naruto and Hinata could be betrayed by their own allies/relatives. One of the most important things people who have suffered intimate abuse and trauma need is emotional consistency—and Shino can be that pinnacle of logical but steadfast support for the both of them—both Hinata and Naruto offer their loyalties as absolute, and it's truly important that they have someone who returns that trust just as absolutely.

Also, importantly, is the commitment that Naruto and Hinata have shyly made to be each other's boyfriend and girlfriend (!!!) and how that will change things on missions and in practice. They are what—13? Maybe 14 at this point? They are so young! It's puppy-love—but it's also actually much more than puppy love because of not only Hinata's long-term admiration for Naruto, Naruto claiming Hinata as his best friend, but also because there is the underlying emotional structure of Team 8 that is extremely strong. I'm hoping, for my own desire to witness and squeal at cute things, that the romance is going to be shock-full of adorkable (Can you just imagine Jiraiya grinning ear-to-ear observing it? Will he tease them? Will he just watch them with a mischievous twinkle in his eye? CAN YOU IMAGINE SHINO BEING EVER SO SNEAKY AT NARUTO WHEN HE KNOWS HINATA WON'T NOTICE? THAT RAISED EYEBROW!!!)

I don't know what the plot is going to look like now that the chapters are deviating more and more from canon... but I am wholly looking forward to a good look at a close-knit and supportive Team 8. The romance is definitely something I'm looking forward to, but I'm almost more excited for the potential to see Team 8 in action again, working together to confront new challenges and generally kicking some serious ass (under Jiraiya's tutelage, no less? Which sounds amazing!?!?)

Also, I wonder if the Kohona genin going to the exam are going to be travelling together as one big group. That might raise the possibility of being a target for the various Big Bads, but it could also allow for some pretty interesting character development. Especially as the looming danger of Akatsuki/Orochimaru coming for Naruto could force the boy to reveal details about Kurama to those outside of Team 8, and potential fallout from that could be interesting, especially with a Naruto who is much stronger and a little bit less goofy this time around.

So all in all, I'm excited for chapter 25. The potential for camping/wilderness/being away from Konoha (I tend to really, really like these scenes for some reason, perhaps because it gives Hinata space and room to breathe and settle into her skin...) and other awesome shenanigans are quite high.

So, no matter when the chapter comes, I'm excited! :D :D I hope my endless babbling is okay. I truly adore this fanfiction and have been reading it for years, and I'm overjoyed it has not yet been abandoned!
thearrow

Unread postby thearrow » November 4th, 2016, 2:16 am

Got another piece of speculation, this one regarding why Hiashi seems hell-bent on restricting Hinata's growth. There's either some prophecy-style event that could have Hinata at it's core (similar to her Byakugan Princess thing from The Last) or he is hoping that she doesn't become the head of the clan because he fears what would happen if she tried to end the tradition of the Caged Bird Seal (former Branch members might use their new-found freedom to address old grievances).

Also, any chance we could have some discussion of theories and such, it's the main reason why I joined this forum to begin with?
Yes! Discussions! (I already posted a thing with some of my hopes/expectations for chapter 25—so here are some specific comments regarding this post).

I'm not sure what you mean about a "prophecy-style event"... The "Byakugan Princess" thing is something that makes me cringe so, so, so much and I'm hoping Team 8's author will just... pretends it's not there. It's so awkward... :O_O:

How would Hiashi know that Hinata desires to remove the Caged Bird Seal from the members of the Branch family? (Has that desire of Hinata's been explicitly expressed in the story?) Having grown up in an abusive household, I know for a fact that extremely controlling, manipulative, and abusive parents often have very little actual knowledge of what's going on inside their childrens' minds. Very, very often, this kind of parental abuse is a pattern made to continually reinforce a pre-conceived idea of what the child is supposed to be. Hinata's failures in the eyes of her father (her timidity, her slow development in her Byakugan/Juuken training) cemented for Hiashi this vision that she is nothing more than her failures. One of the things that abusive, controlling parents do is make sure that their children become exactly what they expect/want them to be: Hiashi wants Hinata to be a failure, because that is one way that he can brainwash her and completely control her. There's a lot of psychology that goes into domestic/parental abuse of this kind, but from my perspective it is very clear to me that in Team 8, this version of Hiashi hates himself and wants to teach Hinata to hate herself as well. The goals of this kind of abuse is deceptively simple: it's meant to control, it's meant to destroy, it's meant to poison, it's meant to punish. The fact that it has almost destroyed Hinata and caused her to try to commit suicide is the self-fulfilling prophecy that Hiashi has created for his eldest daughter.

(Though Hanabi is treated marginally "better", in this version of the Hyuuga clan I have no doubt that she is also being taught by Hiashi to hate herself, but whereas Hinata internalizes that hatred and tries to kill herself, Hanabi is much more like her father and prefers to externalize that hate, namely against her own sister and her peers, such as what we saw during the kidnapping scenes between Konohamaru and Hanabi.)

My hopes, however, is that Hinata eventually understands that her own desire to kill herself, her desire to disappear, to stop being a burden, to stop dragging down everyone around her, these are scars left on her psyche by Hiashi. Her suicidal ideation and self-destructive tendencies are the result of Hiashi's abuse—though Hiashi may not even realise the true extent of his own emotional and physical abusive behaviour and its consequences. A lot of abusive parents/spouses don't actually understand the true extent of their actions, though that does not remove their responsibility or their accountability for the abuse.

I'm hoping, very dearly hoping, that Hinata will be able to use the strength she's found in herself thanks to Kurenai, Naruto, and Shino (and even Tsunade and Neji) to realise that this way of thinking is the result of Hiashi's abuse towards her, and that she is able to keep speaking with Team 8 about her own feelings and eventually surpass this trauma.

These are my thoughts, coloured obviously by my own experiences, but I hope they are thought-provoking!
thearrow

Unread postby runsamok » December 8th, 2016, 11:58 pm

PLEASE continue this story! This is one of my FAVORITE fanfics! You are a genius! I only read naruto fanfics and only serious ones (not the fun ones or weird ones) and I only read the alternate universe ones, because if I wanted a retelling of the original naruto, I'd re-watch naruto lol. But you sir, are an amazing writer. I love so much that has happened. Please email me, I'd like to discuss the story and ideas/suggestions. I vote for Kakuzu and Hidan to give the traveling genin trouble. I'd also like to see more of Shino get some action with some new jutsu or something. I always felt he was sooo under-rated in the series. My email is john_doe_0897@yahoo.com. please email with 'Team 8' as the title. Also do you have a got fund me or something? I'd gladly pay for this story lol. Email me please
[/quote]

Just to let you know, none of the fanfiction stories are abandoned. As for emailing you, go ahead and post your ideas and suggestions here. The Authorlord does read the forums and responds on occasion to suggestions and ideas here. It is unlikely that he is going to be able to discuss in detail by email without giving spoilers, which he won't do.

As for paying him for his fanfiction stories, he is not allowed to make money directly from fanfiction because that would violate the copyright of the original author of the book or series. However, he does have a patreon page where you can read his original fiction and send a small amount each month as a subscription member.

You can find it here:
http://www.patreon.com/viridiandreams
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby JediMasterDraco » December 9th, 2016, 12:53 am

By prophecy role, I merely meant that maybe Hinata's birth was connected with a world-ending prophecy or something along those lines.

According to the tv tropes page, Viridian told someone that the Mattai incident revealed something to Hiashi that shifted him from being a man constrained by his position to becoming an outright jerkass. Not really sure how it would connect back to Hinata though. Naruto himself even points out that the only reason Hiashi would have to hate Hinata would be (very) indirectly causing the death of Hizashi.

I'm also reading a story where there's a possibility that Hinata isn't Hiashi's daughter since her elemental affinity is water while Hyuuga are stated to be dominantly lightning affinity within the story (including both of Hinata's parents). That COULD be a possibility here, but rather out there in my opinion.
JediMasterDraco

Unread postby thearrow » November 22nd, 2019, 9:46 pm

Just to let you know, none of the fanfiction stories are abandoned. As for emailing you, go ahead and post your ideas and suggestions here. The Authorlord does read the forums and responds on occasion to suggestions and ideas here. It is unlikely that he is going to be able to discuss in detail by email without giving spoilers, which he won't do.
Hello! I was just wondering if anyone knew if Team 8 was still being worked on. It's been 4-5 years since the last update, which happens, life is a thing. Especially with NOFP still being gone, it makes me wonder about if AuthorLord has moved on from his ffs!

Thanks so much!
thearrow

Return to “%s” Team 8