Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Re: Ideas for Summon for Naruto

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 6th, 2009, 2:24 pm

And it would also open up an avenue for Naruto to get Hinata away from her family...
Spoiler: show
Hiashi glared at Naruto, who was glaring right back. The hulking summon beside him might have had something to do with his bravado though. "I'm warning you Uzumaki, if you do not reign in your summon, I will take... steps. Now return my daughter to me!" Naruto smirked a little.

"Hey, it's not my fault that he wants a princess to keep. And since the Hyuuga are the closest thing to royalty Konoha has, that automatically makes Hinata a princess in his eyes. Now, if you want him to give her up, talk to him yourself, I'm lucky he doesn't incinerate me on the spot when I ask him to do something." Deathwing ignored his partner's conversation with the bastard, too busy enjoying the feeling of his princess scratching the base of his horns; too high up to hear the debate below. Hinata giggled a bit as the great black dragon began to produce the reptilian equivalent of a purr. Shino merely stood by, the high collar of his coat hiding his smirk at Hiashi's antics as he tried to get the dragon's attention without getting incinerated. Giving that odd scroll to Naruto had turned out beneficial to the entire team in the long run.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » February 6th, 2009, 6:01 pm

I can forgive Gammabunta sort of because he's a Yakuza toad that at least has a skeleton to support him, but the insect would literally implode. Which could be cool.
ewuvi

Unread postby unknown517 » February 6th, 2009, 6:38 pm

I can forgive Gammabunta sort of because he's a Yakuza toad that at least has a skeleton to support him, but the insect would literally implode. Which could be cool.
Keep in mind that the same laws that preclude giant insects apply to giant toads as well. Of course, giant insects have an upper limit based on their circulatory systems' inefficiency - they simply can't get enough oxygen through their bodies after a certain point. With higher oxygen levels, like how the earth was in the Carboniferous, you can have much larger insects.

Other animals are limited by the square-cube law, which I don't really understand but basically sum up as 'when an animal is scaled up, its mass increases way faster than the muscles' strength does'. Something the size of Gamabunta could not walk, talk, or breathe - odds are the poor thing would simply collapse outright, like a whale on a beach.

Presumably, because they're all magical (chakracal?), those limits don't apply to summons.
unknown517

Unread postby Zerrat » February 6th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Also, in order to even circulate blood through such a huge body, the pressure would have to be so great normal tissue would not work.

I believe the example in question was Godzilla though. A reptile that huge would have to have steel bones and steel arteries. There were a number of other issues, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. It was a year ago, after all. ;p
Zerrat

Unread postby MEKristian » February 6th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Darn it... and I read a article-thing on this subject a day or two ago, but I can't seem to find it again..

Edit: Yay, found it again!
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Zerrat » February 6th, 2009, 8:35 pm

What a fantastic link! The biol lecturer brought up many of those points.

The first part of the essay is a good one for use. Not so sure about the rest of it - just a good read.

*bookmarks*
Zerrat

Unread postby MEKristian » February 21st, 2009, 12:20 am

Revive!

Due to the rambling in the Poll along with what I've been watching recently, I can only sum up my thoughts on "crack-summon for Naruto" thusly:

"I ask of you: Are you my master?"
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 21st, 2009, 12:23 am

Revive!

Due to the rambling in the Poll along with what I've been watching recently, I can only sum up my thoughts on "crack-summon for Naruto" thusly:

"I ask of you: Are you my master?"
Hold it.... you want him to summon YOU?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby MEKristian » February 21st, 2009, 12:26 am

No, it's a quote...
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 21st, 2009, 1:28 am

Oh, sorry, but I didn't quite get it....
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » February 21st, 2009, 1:35 am

That's fine; I wanna see if somebody knows the reference before TV Tropes links start being used.
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » February 21st, 2009, 3:24 am

A quick google of the quote seems to point to Saber from Fate Stay Night.

Of course, with crazy summons some summons just beg to be used if we make choices due to quotes.

"Nobody summons Megatron!"

... Would that make Unicron the Boss Summon for that summon "family"? :leaving:
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 21st, 2009, 3:31 am

NO. NO WAY. NO HOW.

NO

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!?!?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Wittgen » February 21st, 2009, 3:35 am

That was kind of a wacky, plot hole riddled anime. I kind of want to get my hands on the game though. I could practice my Japanese and maybe understand what's going on as well.
Wittgen

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 4:18 am

NO. NO WAY. NO HOW.

NO

Of course on the flip side, you might summon Primus instead.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MEKristian » February 21st, 2009, 12:19 pm

That was kind of a wacky, plot hole riddled anime. I kind of want to get my hands on the game though. I could practice my Japanese and maybe understand what's going on as well.
Higurashi ended up that way too. They leave out a bunch of info from the Game/visual novel when it's made into an anime.
MEKristian

Unread postby raike » February 21st, 2009, 7:47 pm

What if Naruto summoned Hippogriffs? Now, that would be useful - escape, combat, beauty...
raike

Unread postby SLAMU » February 22nd, 2009, 11:57 am

Oh dear god! Mob crows! 1000 reviews to the person who writes it!
Hmm... well in that case:
There was a poof of smoke, and then a crow stood on the forest floor. It stood at not quite three feet in height, with a fedora at a jaunty angle and an unlit cigar in its mouth. “Ay, this ain’t Lil’ Joey’s place! What’s goin’ on here- oh, hey toots!” The bird started visably eyeing up Hinata, much to Naruto’s annoyance. “Well, haven’t seen you ‘fore, miss. My name’s Frank, but if you’d like you can call me Frankie.”
Hinata kept in mind Kurenai-sensei’s warnings about the pride that summoned creatures had about their dignity. Bowing low, she said in as non-threatening as she could “A pleasure to meet you, Frank-san. My name is Hinata.”
The crow looked a bit bashful, toeing the forest loam. “Ah, miss, just Frankie please. Don’t know how ‘ta feel when yer’ after makin’ me sound all respectable and all. Hey!” The bird saw Naruto behind Hinata, glowering. “You wanna start somethin’? Miss, is he botherin’ you?” The bird started advancing on the blond, acting threatining in the kind of comical, over the top way that only a 2’ 10” landbound ganster avian could. “You stop botherin’ this broad, you understa’n me? I only give out warnin’s infrequent-like, so you better watch out!”
“Ah, ano, Frankie, this is my friend.” Hinata wanted to head this off before there was some kind of misunderstanding. Of course, that only led to another misunderstanding.
Frankie stopped his advance and cocked his head at her. “Oh, like tha~at. I see. Well, that’s yer own affair, ‘spose.” He pulled out a lighter from under his wing and started working the wheel a few times, the *clak* *clack* sound fading into the woods. “So, what can ‘ol Frankie do ‘fer ya?”
Hinata showed him the scroll that she had signed. It was smaller than the Toad contract that Jiraya-sama carried around with him, but she still needed both hands to manage it. “Frankie, I have signed this contract and wished to consumate our relationship.”
“Huh. Well, I suppose that I’ll have to tell the Boss. He’ll want to meet’ca, ‘fcourse, but I don’ ‘spose there’ll be any problems.” He took a long drag from his cigar and blew out a smoke ring.”Provisionally speakin’ though, I can say that he’d say yes. He looked over at the scowling blond. “Hey, you better treat her right, or you’ll answer to us, hear? The Family looks after its own.”
Whatever Frankie was expecting, the sudden grin wasn’t it. Finally! This family sounded like it would be better for Hinata than her current one.
--
Naruto had noticed a few changes in his teammate over the las two years. First, as it turned out, Hinata was a girl. Which sounded stupid of course, because of course Hinata was a girl. It was just now, she was a girl girl.
The second change was that she was somewhat more forceful now than when Team 8 was formed in Iruka-sensei’s classroom two years ago. That could only be a good thing, in Naruto’s book, of course, but sometimes it was hard to reconcile the two images of her then and now.
That had started after she had gotten the Crow contract and was accepted into their family. Or Family, rather. The bad thing was that that didn’t mean that she got to leave her current family of jerks and idiots and, and, non-Hinata-likers. So, she had two families. Huh. Weird.
He had thought that he would be jealous that she had two and he had none, but he wasn’t. Maybe, because her first one was so bad, the other one cancled it out. Like how minus one plus one equaled zero. Maybe that left her with effectivly zero families, kinda like him. He thought on that one for a minute before dismissing the idea. It probably just meant that she had a bad family and a better one. At least she was smiling more often these days.
Even if half the time they were smiles like that scary trenchcoat-girl wore.
She was also talking different these days.
“So Mugsy, what’s it look like?” Team 8 was out scouting enemy positions for the Konoha couteroffensive. Or “scoopin’ out the nimrods who’re tryin’ ta muscle in on our turf”, depending on who you talk to.
“Eh, just a couple a’ mooks, boss. Two of ‘em are coverin’ the gate, but they just look bored more than anythin’ else. There’s another four or five in the barracks with a deck of cards. The one without depth preception had a better hand, but the little bald shit has a pair of aces up his sleave and is dealing from the bottom of the deck like an amature. Their boss is sitn’ up in his office with the door locked and is currently enjoyin’ some ‘alone time’ with the secretary, if you know what I mean.” The bird frowned. “Not very pretty, either. Not compared to a coupla’ broads I knew in Fresno. Now they had some good lookin’ tailfethers-“
Case in point; two years ago Hinata-chan would have blushed at the mention of ‘alone time.’ Now she smirked. Smirked! “Well, we might just have to interupt them.”
Shino frowned. “While they do seem unprepared for an attack, our orders are only to scout ahead. Engagements are expected to be avoided whenver possible.”
“Hey, you talkin’ back to the boss, punk?”
“Stuff it, Mugsy. Go back and tell the others to gather nearby. Casual-like, mind. Don’t want these jokers to catch wind of nuthin’ and try to get competant on us. Don’t start nuthin’, either. Just wait for us to make our move. Tell Frankie and Vinnie that I’ve got some messages for ‘em.” Hinata turned to to Shino, and raised an eyebrow.
Shino almost sighed. There were times that his teammates could be rather rash. “Our orders notwithstanding, it seems like a trap to catch an overconfidant reconassence team. An ambush would either wipe out the reconicance team, leaving only Team 19 to serve as the main force’s eyes, or serve to make further recon forces more circumspect, limiting the information that they would gather.”
Hinata nodded thoughtfully. That seemed plausible, and sneaky to boot. As a pair of crows flew in, she had made up her mind. “Vinnie, Frankie. I think these wise guys were gonna try to pull a fast one on us. I want you and a coupla’ the boys to keep an eye on those jokers. See who’s comin’ and goin’, what’s movin’ around, the works. Frankie, tell the Old Man that there’s either an outpost with the worst guards around here, or a trap. Tell ‘em that we’re movin’ on to Point Alpha 5b. If anyone else askes, we’re off to meet with somebody in Tanaka Town.”
--
Hiashi woke all of a sudden. He couldn’t tell what woke him, but when he looked around the room he saw a large dark bird with a vest and black and grey feathers. “Good, you’re awake. It’d look stupid for us to have this conversation while you were asleep.” The bird spoke in a dry, hoarse voice that commanded respect. Gesturing with one wing toward a small chest by the futon, he said “Open it.” Hiashi unlatched the box to find a small, head-shaped object. Lighting a candle, he saw that it was a small pumpkin with one of his daughter’s pictures pinned to it. Hiashi raised an eyebrow. “Origionally, it was going to be her head, but she’s a spunky little thing, and I like that. But if you oubt that I could do it, dig a little deeper.” There was Hanabi’s hairbrush lying under the pumpkin.
“You have my attention.” His voice was remarkably calm for a man woken in the middle of the night, receiving death treats towards his daughter.
“I thought I might. I know who you are, Hyuuga Hiashi. You may consider me as a concerned godfather, of sorts. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve got some respect for you, but I’m also a little concerned for some of my people here. I don’t like how they’re bein’ treated here. I realize that you’ve got your own problems to deal with, but you gotta show me a little respect. So, here’s how it is; I don’t interfere with any of your…operations, and in return, you get your head examined and start figurin’ out what a family is. I know that there’ve been some hard choices, I know ‘dat. But ‘dat don’ mean that you gotta be an asshole to e’rybody. You don’ start showin’ respect to people, you’ll start gettin’ what assholes always get sent. I’ve some good friends with the pidgions, so don’ try mess wit’ me on dis’.” Hiashi nodded slowly, trying to figure out what this bird was talking about.
“Oh, and Hiashi.” The bird looked very, very dangerous. “If I ever see your daughters walkin’ outa your house lookin’ like they got hit by a bus again…” the “godfather” gave a very meaningful glance at the box “you never know what’d happen.”
The bird hopped up to the window ledge before spreading wing and flying off into the moonlight, leaving the Hyuuga sitting up in the dark with a chest full of threat and a lot to think about.
I apologize for any poor characterization, etc. Writing with an arm and a leg already in bed is a wonderful way to produce crack, but not so great for coherence.
SLAMU

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 22nd, 2009, 2:44 pm

:shock: :bow :bow :bow You have done something here that is full of Awesome and Epic Win, with a side of Awesomesauce. I especially like the last scene with Hiashi and Don Tengu, and the final warning the Don gave.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » February 22nd, 2009, 3:47 pm

Oh man, that was awesome. Particularly gangster!Hinata and the "was going to be the head of your daughter, but she's spunky and I like that" part.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby SLAMU » February 22nd, 2009, 8:09 pm

*blush* Thanks. I really was kinda insecure about the speech. At the schools I went to, they didn't speak "mobster." ("Gangsta'", yes. "Mobster", no.)
As with the head, I remember something about a horsehead in someone's bed, and (as far as I know) Hiashi doesn't have a horse. Then I thought about what would have been at least as good, but I had second thoughts about offing Hanabi-chan. It's still a melon, right? [Is bricked for lame]

-SLAMU, who is the only guy I know who hasn't watched Mafia movies
SLAMU

Unread postby Darkandus » February 22nd, 2009, 9:03 pm

*Presses face up against screen* That....was....AWESOME! If you write more I will gladly take a bullet for you if the opportunity ever arises.
Darkandus

Unread postby Dechstreme » February 23rd, 2009, 10:22 am

NO. NO WAY. NO HOW.

NO

Of course on the flip side, you might summon Primus instead.
Dude, no summoning the Transformer Gods. Optimus Prime is more than enough.
Dechstreme

Unread postby SLAMU » February 23rd, 2009, 8:21 pm

Hyuuga Roji was an old man, but he had never felt quite as old as when he outlived his second Clan Leader. Hiashi had been a good leader, and all the Hyuuga would mourn his loss. It was a shame that he hadn’t left a son as an heir, but each man must have his failings, he supposed. Not that there was anything that stated that a daughter couldn’t inherit the clan, but it was strongly discouraged. The last two women who led the clan had been terrible leaders; Hyuuga Haruhi had been very flighty, more interested in Haiku than the day-to-day affairs, and her granddaughter had dithered so much that no action had ever been taken. The crowning moment of humiliation had been where the clan’s enemies had sent bodyguards to protect her so that a more capable leader did not take her place. She had died at the ripe old age of 67, leaving behind an empty treasury, alliances with every other faction in Fire Country regardless of anyutility, and a reputation as a bleeding heart. She had never learned that well chosen enemies could be far more useful than any friend.

And now another woman would take on the mantle of leadership. Little Hanabi-chan he could have accepted. She hadn’t been soft, had known what it would be like to be assertive and proud. However, she would likely not hold power. Her older sister was to take over the clan, and her first act of weakness, he feared, was to be a sign of things to come. Hyuuga Hanabi, passed over for leadership, had not been sealed and relocated to the Branch Family. It seemed that Hinata-sama thought that the natural divide between the Main and Branch Families was some kind of wound, rather than the right and proper state of affairs. Roji sighed deeply, before offering up a brief prayer, asking for the strength and wisdom to set things straight. It shouldn’t be too difficult to convince her that she ought to listen to her elders before doing anything too rash.

The door to the chamber slid open, admitting the young Hinata-sama…followed by a tall young man wearing dark lenses over his eyes and another young man with a very unmistakable mess of unruly blond hair, both of whom took positions by the door. So great was his attention on Uzumaki that he misted the bird’s entrance entirely. He heard some of the other Elders inhale sharply before Hyuuga Urukinji spoke. “You were instructed to come alone, Hinata-sama. This is an affair that concerns only the Hyuuga.”

Hinata smirked as she took her seat before the assembled Hyuuga notables. “This matter concerns whomever I say it concerns, Urukinji-kun.” She held out her hand, and Uzumaki produced an apple, which he lobbed at her. She caught it without looking, then brought forth a simple paring knife from the kitchens and began to cut slices off the apple fruit. She sat there quietly, to all viewers unconcerned about eating so casually during a meeting with the clan elders. Thirty seconds passed. A full minute. A minute and a half. She sliced off a sliver of apple and tossed it to the crow, who caught it in its beak.

Finally, Roji spoke. “Hinata-sama, to begin this meeting, you must-“

“Do nothing.” She locked her gaze on him, all traces of the flippant little girl gone. Instead was someone that was taking this very seriously. “In fact, I needn’t ‘must’ anything from any of you. The Elders are here to adviseme. I will certainly come to you for advise, but-“ suddenly she threw the apple across the room. Startled, Roji didn’t even try to dodge it, and it landed right on his face. Right afterward, she was holding him by the neck, rubbing his face on the floor. Many of the other Elders started to move, but a sudden and ominous humming sound filled the chamber, Aburame said nothing, but Hinata did. “You are not going to control me. You are going to do as I say. I am your clan leader; you will follow me. That should be simple enough that even this group can understand.” She looked around the room, meeting each of the assembled Elder’s gazes. “Does anyone need this matter explained to them further?”

Silence.

“Good.” She released Roji and stood up. Pausing only for the bird to land gently on her arm, she calmly walked out of the room, followed by Aburame. Uzumaki waited only long enough to give the room one last disgusted glance, then followed his teammates.

Well, this is promisingHyuuga Roji was quite happy for a man with chunks of apple in his hair.
Not so much the crows in this one, but I hope I got the tone right.
Also, Schlock reference FTW. :biggrin2
SLAMU

Unread postby ewuvi » February 23rd, 2009, 8:53 pm

:aww:

You are made of awesome, just letting you know that.

Mob Boss!Hinata kicks sooo much ass.
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Team 8