Tanzaku Gai Bandit Removal

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Tanzaku Gai Bandit Removal

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 15th, 2009, 8:16 pm

This is the adventure/mission of a bandit camp removal just outside Tanzaku Gai. As far as I know, the mission just includes myself and Phht's characters. If I'm wrong, let me know before we get involved in the mission.

--

*Mentally reviewing his pack list, Sugiura waits for Yuuhi, silently tapping his toe to an unheard rhythm*
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Re: Viridian Dreams RP: Tanzaku Gai Bandit Removal

Unread postby Phht » May 16th, 2009, 5:34 am

Yuuhi drops down from the rooftops and walks over just as five hours wraps up. He lacks a typical backpack, but does have a courier bag with a sleeping roll and a tent attached to it strapped on. The only other noticeable difference was that his patterned bandages were changed out for a set with the colors swapped. "Okay. Sleep in and sleep on items, check. Tons of money and other necessities just in case, check. Ninja tools, explosive tags, scrolls with more explosive tags, and extra sets of clothing, check. I'm ready to go."

(Normal bandages - pattern and colors Kurenai wears. Just swap the color area and the white area to get his "field" set. / Okay, I'm likely to be out most of the day (either sleeping, or visiting relatives before their kids get sent off to spend most of their summer vacation with their dad in another state), so I'll likely not be responding til evening-ish EST. Feel free to have us both go on and exit Konoha to start on the journey.)
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Re: Tanzaku Gai Bandit Removal

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 16th, 2009, 4:54 pm

*Nods at Yuuhi and jumps for the trees. After several hours of intensive tree hopping and sparse conversation, the duo sets down a few miles outside of Tanzaku Gai.*

This looks like a good place to set up camp. Easily defensible, and good ground for sleeping. We should be able to meet with the petitioner in the morning, and deal with the bandits quickly, and then have a few days to have fun at the festival. In theory, anyway.

*Slides a scroll of one of the loops on his pants leg, and begins setting up Variant 4-16.*

(Phht, how do you want to deal with NPCs and the like. I'm new to RPing, so I'd like your input.)
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 17th, 2009, 1:54 pm

Yuuhi busied himself putting up his tent, and tossing his roll and bag in once it was up. "You're the trap expert. I'm thinking you should do the talking with the petitioner. I'll do a quick scout of the area around the city while you do that. After the meeting, we'll meet up and I'll hopefully learn of what area I need to concentrate on to scout the camp. Afterward, grab some lunch or something, then plan and execute our attack. ... By the way, what rank is this mission anyhow? I wasn't paying attention to that after you said festival."

(Honestly, I haven't really done RPing without someone/thing else controlling the NPCs. For now, I say that you can handle the petitioner. We'll deal with the bandit camp stuff as we head towards that point.)
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 17th, 2009, 2:14 pm

*shrugs* Sounds good to me. And the scroll said it was a B-rank, so I we shouldn't have much trouble. I'm guessing there's been a few robberies along the road, and the merchants are blowing things out of proportion. Tanzaku Gai has usually been a fairly safe place. I'll get the details tomorrow.

When you're looking around the city, see if you can't see what the people are saying about these bandits. You know as well as I do that what the official position is and what the people say are two different things, and I want all the information there is. Hopefully we'll be able to do this mission without ever setting foot in the camp.

(I'll write up my talk with the mayor/petitioner in a little bit. Got something to do at the moment.)

MrRigger2

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 17th, 2009, 5:04 pm

(9:00 am local time, outside petitioner's office)

Receptionist: Yamada-san will see you now.
*Nods and strides through the doors*

Me: Yamada-san, I am here about the mission you petitioned Konoha for, concerning the bandits attacking your routes into town.

Yamada: Ah, yes, thank you for responding so quickly. I, ah, hope you aren't alone, are you?

Me: The rest of my team is scouting around town. I assure you we will be enough, provided the mission assessment was correct.

Yamada: I'm don't mean any offense, shinobi-san. It's just that I understand the fees for a shinobi killed on a mission are quite substantial.

Me: *nods* What information can you give me?

Yamada: Well, the attacks started two weeks ago, on the south road. Since then, there have been several more attacks, mostly in the same place, but some along the eastern road as well. I've had my security personal do what they can, but according to their reports, there are enough bandits that we would be overrun if I had my security people try to deal with them myself.

Me: How many do you estimate there are?

Yamada: Well, from what we've been able to get from the victims, there aren't very many in any one group, but from the descriptions, there weren't any common people between the groups, so...... Well, the end result is we think there's as many as fifty bandits out there, all working together.

Me: *nods, beat* You said there were survivors? That's unusual, especially if they're as well coordinated as you claim. Survivors mean they are discovered more quickly. Could the merchants be in league with them?

Yamada: *visibly mulls it over* I suppose, but I doubt it. The only people who were attacked were general merchants and food suppliers. They aren't exactly criminal masterminds. It's actually because it was the food suppliers we wanted this resolved so quickly. We aren't in danger of running low on our stores any time soon, but we don't want to run the risk any more than is necessary.

Me: I understand. Your problem will be resolved shortly. I'll see you then to arrange payment.

*I excuse myself and head for the rendezvous point, grabbing some yakitori on the way. Settling in with a scroll on sealing techniques, I wait for Yuuhi to finish scouting the area.*

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 19th, 2009, 12:30 am

Higure watched his partner head off for the city while policing the campsite and placing some subtle genjutsu over the location to keep people from paying too close attention to it. Having dealt with that, he moved to the top of a nearby tree and scanned the area. "Hm. We're north of the city, and there's no entrance in on this side. I'll go to the west side and loop around to the east checking the gates. If bandits are in the area, security would likely be higher nearer the problem spots. I'll then enter through the east and see about getting a feel for the civvies." Nodding to himself, he disappeared into the trees.

He passed into the village and shifted his appearance to that of a 'professional' wanderer. As he passed through the village, he chatted with store and stall owners while perusing their wares and buying some food. Sliding his henge off in an alley, Yuuhi made his way over to the rendezvous point while eating an apple he had bought. "Yo."

(I would've gotten this out sooner, but I wasn't sure which way to run it - on the level, some conspiracy-ness from some group, whatever - before finally deciding to just go vague and see what you were thinking of with the mission rather than sit on it forever trying to decide myself. Then I can spin my guy's observations as needed. Though I'd just say to do straightforward bandit mess. Dealing with plots and needing to see underneath the underneath is too troublesome when there's a festival waiting. ;) )
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 19th, 2009, 10:31 am

(I would've gotten this out sooner, but I wasn't sure which way to run it - on the level, some conspiracy-ness from some group, whatever - before finally deciding to just go vague and see what you were thinking of with the mission rather than sit on it forever trying to decide myself. Then I can spin my guy's observations as needed. Though I'd just say to do straightforward bandit mess. Dealing with plots and needing to see underneath the underneath is too troublesome when there's a festival waiting. ;) )
(To be honest, I'm not completely sure either. I had had an idea where the bandits weren't exactly bandits, but more or less just posing as bandits. In reality, they would be a criminal group who had bound a demon into a seal (lower level demon, NOT one of the Tailed Beasts), and we would end up having to take down the 'bandit' camp without disturbing the seal or the guy maintaining the seal. Alternatively, we'd deal with the bandits easily, take our leave to mess around the festival, and one of us would end up involved with the local crime family, and we'd have some fun with that. I didn't really have any long term, epic storylines planned out. Any ideas would be appreciated.)

We've got a bandit camp somewhere to the southeast, somewhere around fourty or fifty people. And Yamada-san said they were leaving survivors, which is pretty strange. What'd you find out?

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 20th, 2009, 2:25 am

(Precision criminal take down sounds fun. Let's toss in that they're planning on releasing it upon the village at the start of the festival. Seal maintainer is likely a hostage, so we'd need to be careful so the criminals don't off him to keep the plan going.)

Yuuhi nodded. "The camp being in the southeast would explain the heightened gate security in those areas. Food vendors mentioned that they had slight shortages in some food areas, which sounds like the bandits are living off food they take. But some of the food they've taken seems like it'd be used for feeding animals, which seems unusual. Other than that, it seems like most of the citizens are either unaware of the problem or don't consider it a major thing."

Having finished his apple, he started on some other piece of food he bought. "No one suspicious was lurking around the gates or a few hundred feet around them, so it's likely either an inside job or they might post people near the road to watch for incoming or outgoing caravans they can pounce on. From what I could gather from reading between the lines, most of the attacks occurred five to ten miles from the city. Close enough that people feel safe and have lowered their guard, but far enough away that village guards can't respond in time to assist."

Finishing his ad hoc lunch, he wrapped up (no pun intended) his report. "I'm thinking that searching a corridor connecting the two roads from their five to ten mile points should find us something we can track to their camp. Your thoughts? ... Oh yeah, and one or two food store employees mentioned that some of the survivors overheard the bandits saying something about releasing doom upon the village. Not sure what the importance of that is, but...." He shrugged.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 20th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Eh, pretty much any group of criminals with more than ten people talk about doom. It gets boring after a while. It's something to keep in mind though. If they do actually have a plan, I don't want it blowing up on us when we take these guys out. But this does feel off to me. Something's wrong with these guys. More of a reason to get rid of them quickly.

Well, let's head out and start looking for them. Unless they're a lot more skilled than anyone's been saying, we should be able to find them fairly easily.
(Precision criminal take down sounds fun. Let's toss in that they're planning on releasing it upon the village at the start of the festival. Seal maintainer is likely a hostage, so we'd need to be careful so the criminals don't off him to keep the plan going.)
(Alright, demon summoning bandits it is. But I don't think that the seal maintainer would be a hostage. Demon summoning/binding is something that isn't undertaken lightly, even if it just a lesser demon. Not to mention that anyone with the knowledge of how to do any kind of binding demons would be a seal master, or fairly close, and you don't get to be that good without being a crafty SOB. What I'm trying to say is that anyone good enough to trap a demon would be good enough to get out of the situation, and as such, I really doubt the sealer would be an unwilling participant. Personally, I'd sabotage the seal, either crate a giant explosive tag, or turn the demon against the bandits. Any thoughts?)

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 22nd, 2009, 8:12 pm

He tilts his head. "I dunno. Dropping doom on a village means the bandits would need to find a new place to do their bandit fun and games. ... Eh, we'll find out what they meant eventually. Besides, it's not like they could have a leashed jinchuuriki or anything, right? Let's get to locating their camp so we can party instead of work during the festival."

Yuuhi stands, then pauses suddenly. "Hey, did you bring any radios along to keep each other in contact while we're searching?"

(I would think that the seal designer and the maintainer might not be the same person. An order of monks might guard and maintain a seal holding a demon away. Bandits attack, steal the object the demon's sealed in, and take a monk hostage. Now the monk has to maintain the seal - maybe it requires daily or hourly chakra infusions to stay sealed - to prevent the demon from escaping. But yeah. As for the seal, I dunno. If it's a demon summoning seal, I think there's no such thing as too many explosives to stick on it. If it's a containment seal... well, then things get dicey.)
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 22nd, 2009, 8:52 pm

Radio's? No, don't have any. I get a lot of solo missions, so I don't have any personal ones, though now that you mention them, they could be useful for some of my traps...

*I shake myself out of the train of thought* Did you see any place to buy any in the village? I wouldn't normally think so, cause they're fairly expensive for any kind of quality, but with the festival about to start, they might have some.

And don't make any jokes about jinchuuriki. We don't need that kind of trouble. I don't even want to think about bandits with half crazed demon hosts running around Fire Country.

You know what, Yuuhi? I'm going to have nightmares now. Thanks a lot.

(As for the seal/maintainer/etc., I have a plan, if you want to trust me on it.)

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 23rd, 2009, 1:51 am

(*snicker* Yeah, I was thinking about the fact that we had a fairly wide corridor of forest to search through, and how the heck would we keep in contact while doing so if we maximize covered ground? And Yuuhi didn't sound off having radios before they left.... Felt like a good "d'oh!" thing to bring up. As for the seal guy, sure, 'cause I got nothing right now.)

"Man, think worse case so it not being that horrible is a good thing! And the subtle application of several hundred bunker demolition grade explosive notes would probably handle things easily even if it did happen. As for radios, I didn't notice any, and if the general goods caravans were getting hit as well, the bandits likely grabbed any new shipments of them. Which would mean any remaining sets might be marked up in price at the moment. What we could do is spread out to just within sight range of each other, and search that way. It'd be slightly slower to cover all the ground, but means we don't need to try to acquire equipment right now."

Higure opened a box of pocky and started munching on a piece. "Okay, besides the camp likely being within 5-10 miles of the city and between the east and south roads, do have anything else that might narrow down the search area? That's something on the order of thirty-five to forty square miles to search with just two of us."
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 23rd, 2009, 2:38 am

I always take the worst case scenario into account, I just don't like saying anything out loud about it. Don't want to tempt fate like that. Especially not outside the biggest gambling town in Fire Country.

*Sigh* Sorry, I just get a little superstitious every now and then. *Quick-summons a map and unrolls it.* Well, if they are where we think they are, we shouldn't be too bad off. There's a steep incline in that area, and a bunch of cliffs to go along with it. I doubt they set up on top of the cliffs, because getting up and down them, even if they did find a halfway decent trail, would be too difficult for the average person to do every day. They probably set up along the base of the cliffs, so they have a natural defense to at least one side of their camp. I say we start our search along there, starting at the eastern road and working our way south along the cliffs. Even if we don't see them, we should be able to pick up some kind of clue as to where they are. They haven't exactly been paragons of stealth so far, so we should find their trails fairly easily.

Either way, I'll set up some chakra markers along the way, so in case we do miss them, the markers will detect them, and all we have to do is track them back.

As for the radios...well, we'll just have to stay in visual contact with each other. Searching will take longer, but it's better than one of us being captured or killed and the other having no way of knowing.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 24th, 2009, 2:36 am

"As long as you didn't pick any of Godaime-sama's gambling 'luck', we'll probably be fine. A cliff is a nice defensive move, but unless you've integrated it into your escape routes and defenses, it ends up trapping one against a hard place." Higure places his partially empty pocky container into his backpack along with the other food items he bought on along the way. "Okay, let's get out there and see what we'll be searching through."

(Feel free to either just get us moving out to the area or arrive at the point in your next post. If we just get moving, and I don't start a conversation en route or need to respond to one, I'll have us arrive on my next post. Otherwise, we can get working on the search fun and games.)
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 24th, 2009, 10:37 am

*After an hour of searching and grumbling about inaccurate maps, signs of the bandits begin appearing*

Looks like there's something over there, let's check it out. What kind of genjutsu can you hide us with? I've got a pretty solid "don't look at me" over both of us, but I don't want them to have any chance of noticing us. And let's walk on the cliff face. I doubt any sentries they have are watching a bunch of rocks.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 29th, 2009, 3:45 pm

(Sorry 'bout the delay. Before I could answer, I had to clarify in my mind what I would consider genjutsu and more importantly, how it would anchor on people when cast out of their view. That's nearly all cleared up now though so it shouldn't be a big issue. Though with Mesai Gakure being re-categorized by me to genjutsu, I probably need to look at non-elemental ninjutsu to see if I shouldn't lower that stat to B-rank. And as a note, I'll be sticking the EN names for jutsu behind the JP name OOC inside [].)

"I can layer some more genjutsu of that type on top of us, each being subtly different enough that anyone dispelling through them would have to do each layer individually. Do you know Mesai Gakure no Jutsu [Camouflage Concealment]? It might work better in this case, since we won't have a radius to stay near each other in, and as long as we're careful with movement the bandits won't see any ghosting distortions." Yuuhi took a moment to hop to the cliffside and stick.

"It'll provide us with flexibility to act at the camp without needing to recast any genjutsu at the camp should we decide to split. Either way works for me though."
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 29th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Sounds good, do it. We're just doing recon right now, so hopefully we won't need the genjutsu to hide any dynamic actions.

*walks up the cliff wall, scans the camp.*

Looks fairly normal. A few horses over on the north side, we can spook them, it'll get people distracted. We can use that to get them herded where we want...

Shit.

See that seal, about twenty feet from the center of the camp, got a guy in robes sitting by it? That's not a good sign. Hold on.

*uses a jutsu that enhances eyesight, granting binocular-like vision*

Yeah. This was definitely not in the mission report. Those reports of "releasing impending doom" weren't kidding. That seal has something to do with demons. I won't be sure if it's suppressing a demon, restraining a demon, or summoning a demon until I get a chance to get in there and inspect it, but needless to say, the mission just got a lot harder.

Any ideas? I've got a few plans, but I want to hear what you think first.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 29th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Sounds good, do it. We're just doing recon right now, so hopefully we won't need the genjutsu to hide any dynamic actions.
Higure nods and drops several area concealment genjutsu over the pair.
*walks up the cliff wall, scans the camp.*

"Looks fairly normal. A few horses over on the north side, we can spook them, it'll get people distracted. We can use that to get them herded where we want... Shit. See that seal, about twenty feet from the center of the camp, got a guy in robes sitting by it? That's not a good sign. Hold on."
"Wait, what?" Yuuhi pops a clasp and lets a collapsible telescope drop into his hands. He extends it with a flick and looks where indicated. "A guy in robes sitting by a seal? Man, how cliche can you get?"
*uses a jutsu that enhances eyesight, granting binocular-like vision*

"Yeah. This was definitely not in the mission report. Those reports of "releasing impending doom" weren't kidding. That seal has something to do with demons. I won't be sure if it's suppressing a demon, restraining a demon, or summoning a demon until I get a chance to get in there and inspect it, but needless to say, the mission just got a lot harder. Any ideas? I've got a few plans, but I want to hear what you think first.
He takes the time to scan the rest of the camp. "Well, they're pretty pathetic on patrols that I can see, but the camp's entrance areas are pretty well covered. That means I could take out some of the wandering guys while you take the time to trap any bandit tent's exit with all kinds of nasty things. We should probably take a closer look at the seal before we take out the gate guards and trap that area up. At that point, they might be noticing that something's not right and we can spook the horses and watch chaos unfold from the traps."

Collapsing the telescope and replacing it, Yuuhi eyes the seal. "I would say that I could just drop a Nehan Shouja [Temple of Nirvana] on the camp and we could take care of business while everyone naps, but sleeping the robed guy might be bad because we don't know what the seal does. Plus, that jutsu would eat half my reserves."

He glances at his partner. "What's your ideas?"
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 29th, 2009, 9:40 pm

"Wait, what?" Yuuhi pops a clasp and lets a collapsible telescope drop into his hands. He extends it with a flick and looks where indicated. "A guy in robes sitting by a seal? Man, how cliche can you get?"
Actually, it's not necessarily cliche. Demon summoning isn't something you do lightly, and everything has to be exactly right. I've heard tales of summoned demons devouring the souls of their summoners for having the wrong clothes on. So it's probably a good precautionary measure on his part.

Unless he messed up the robes, in which case the summoner will be killed and there will be no one to bind the demon. So let's try to take this guy out before he summons the damn thing.

I say we get a closer look at the seal before we decide anything further. I was just planning on seeding the cliff with explosive tags and dropping the cliff on them, but with that seal our entire mission's changed. We need to be able to take out the bandits without taking out the summoner, and then I need to figure out a way to deconstruct that seal without summoning the demon or destroying half the countryside.

Let's get closer.

And I might have a plan. How big an area can your Temple of Nirvana affect, and how much control do you have over it?

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » May 29th, 2009, 10:45 pm

"Well, making groups of people fall asleep isn't my specialty, so I haven't practiced it as much as I probably could. I'm pretty sure I can hit the entire camp at once, but it'll eat half my reserves like I mentioned. Smaller? I don't think I could shrink the range any smaller than a fifteen to thirty foot radius. We'll call it thirty foot radius, just to be safe. Sleeping the camp section by section would eat more chakra than dropping the entire thing at once, if we did it that way."

Yuuhi tilts his head while looking at the camp. "Now, if we don't need that robe guy alive, I can make his body forget how to unconsciously keep his heart and lungs pumping. That I could do from here. Also, I have plenty of bunker busting grade tags with me. I never leave the village without them."
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 30th, 2009, 12:14 am

Alright, forget about the Temple of Nirvana. That plan won't work. I never learned it, so I don't really know the limitations. But we can use those bunker busters. I've got a bunch of my own, too.

I don't know about the guy in the robe yet. For now, best to treat him as if we need him alive.

Let's get down there. I need to get a look at that seal before we decide on anything else. Keep those genjutsu up.

I don't suppose you know any genjutsu to heighten fear and terror, do you? I know a few, but they aren't very wide spread, three or four targets if I stretch it.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » June 1st, 2009, 3:36 am

"Yeah, it's all brute force nap time, working to successfully grab as much affected ground as possible. The skill in that one is being able to reduce that range without flubbing the thing or increase the range without being chakra inefficient." Easing his way towards the ground within the camp, he grinned at the comment on the robed man's survivability. Touching down inside the camp at the base of the cliff in a deserted location, he scanned the area while his partner arrived.
"I don't suppose you know any genjutsu to heighten fear and terror, do you? I know a few, but they aren't very wide spread, three or four targets if I stretch it."
Higure smirked. "You bet I do. I also know a fun little one that'll ramp their paranoia to the point they'll attack each other. Remind me later to tell you about the time I made a top Kumo Jounin to retire as a eunuch without anyone else able to prove it was me." He indulged himself with some muted evil chuckling before getting serious again.
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 1st, 2009, 12:29 pm

*I creep closer, inspecting the seal intently, careful not to breach the outer edge of the seal. Getting a good last look, I grab Yuuhi and drag the both of us away.*

Okay, he knows what he's doing, at least he did when he was designing that seal.

It won't go off randomly, but I did see a dead man's switch in the design. If the robed guy bites it before I can tear apart the seal or introduce some counter-seals to the mix, the demon's getting summoned whether we like it or not. And with as detailed as that seal is, I can't work against him without him noticing. So we're going to have to take care of the rest of the camp without killing him, and capture him before he can activate the summoning. Can't kill him without activating it either. There is some good news though, the seal has some pretty good barriers. Even if the dead man's switch goes off, the seal should hold the demon for a minute or two. If I can get to it before the barriers fall, I should be able to hold it, for a little while at least. Depends on how strong the demon is.

I think our best bet is to use the bunker busters on the side of the camp opposite the seal. Spread them out correctly, and we should be able to take out pretty much everyone over on that side of the camp, and the buildings. Anybody left over there will likely be in no condition to fight.

Once the explosions go off, you cast your fear genjutsu. I'll set up some traps at all of the camp exits so anyone trying to leave gets a face full of violent poison gas. They'll be convulsing before they get a hundred feet away. If you can keep your fear genjutsu at a 'run away' level of fear, rather than a 'panicked last stand' level, that'll help even more. Hopefully, we can get in and knock our target out before he summons the demon, and keep the dead man's switch from flipping.

After that, well, call it clean up time. I'll try to disable the seal without blowing us all to kingdom come, and you get to pick off any stragglers.

Sound good? See anything I'm missing?

MrRigger2

Unread postby Phht » June 2nd, 2009, 3:07 am

Yuuhi gave his partner a confused look. "Couldn't we just apply bunker busters liberally across the entire camp and the cliff face? That way we blow up the bandits, the robed guy, the seal, and drop the cliff face on the newly formed wasteland for good measure. If the seal's gone, it's not a problem, and if something is summoned, it'll get a faceful of collapsing cliff."

He paused to think while starting to unpack his collection of bunker buster tags. "If we rendered the guy unconscious, would it set off the deadman's switch? Or alternately, would giving him brain damage from oxygen deprivation set it off? I do know a single-target sleep genjutsu that the area of effect Nehan Shouja [Temple of Nirvana] is based off of, and I can stop his heart and lungs with genjutsu until he passes out."

With that, he finished unpacking his first stack of seals (12 to a stack).
Phht

Return to “%s” Mission Central