AU: Return to Sodegaura

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

AU: Return to Sodegaura

Unread postby ewuvi » April 16th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Akita Aoi stands by the Konoha gate, obviously prepared for a long mission with her medi-pac bulging and a purple backpack. She's holding a thick envelope so tightly it's beginning to crumple.

'My first real mission as a honest-to-god medic. And for a Jounin Team! I heard most of them are in ANBU, and the other...well that's a whole different can of beans right there.'

Aoi waits for the rest of the team, carefully holding onto the envelope meant for the team leader.

'Hope they hurry up'

(Note to ANBU members, you are not in ANBU uniform!)
ewuvi

Re: AU: Return to Sodegaura

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 16th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Itsuki strolls up, pack already on and his coat secured tightly. "So, you the medic that they assigned for the team?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » April 17th, 2010, 12:35 am

"Yes, yes I am. My name is Akita Aoi. You are Itsuki I presume? I hope my presence will be unnecessary, but I'll do my best," Aoi bows at her superior.

"Now to wait for the Jounin..." she mumbles.
ewuvi

Unread postby Random_fan » April 17th, 2010, 12:57 am

Rika walks up to the two ninjas at the gates.

"I take it you two are part of the Sodegaura mission?"
Random_fan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2010, 1:05 am

Itsuki nods, having taken out a scroll and begun to read through it as he waits. It appears to be a manuscript about chakra-type combination and manipulation.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown10627 » April 17th, 2010, 9:09 am

Three dark haired young men jog up. All three are wearing heavy black hooded jackets, but only the tallest has his zipped up. One wears glasses, and all three carry traveling packs.

"Uchiha Kisuke-" the bespectacled man starts,

"Nara Sosuke-"

"and Aburame Daisuke," the tallest one concludes, "at your service."
unknown10627

Unread postby Random_fan » April 17th, 2010, 9:22 am

Rika gives a visible shudder.

"Do you three talk like that all the time?"
Random_fan

Unread postby unknown10627 » April 17th, 2010, 10:07 am

Daisuke gives a slight nod.

"And it took sensei years to get us to talk at all," Sosuke says, bored.
unknown10627

Unread postby Random_fan » April 17th, 2010, 10:34 am

"There should be more ninja that don't talk, I can list many off the top of my head."
Random_fan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Itsuki snorts as he rolls up his scroll. "Feh, chatter during a battle can be just as useful as dead silence." Suddenly his voice sounds like it's coming from Kisuke's backpack. "Sometimes even more so."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown10627 » April 17th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Kisuke Uchiha adjusts his glasses and smirks, "Indeed, you tend to run into problems when only three of the four people on the team know the plan, yes?"
unknown10627

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2010, 2:20 pm

"Nah, it's just a hell of a distraction when the enemy is being taunted by their own belongings. Managed to get an entire bandit camp to wipe itself out once by using ventriloquism and a bit of mimicry to cause a small power struggle between the chief and one of his lieutenants to explode. It all snowballed from there, and when it was over I was able to just walk through, slit a couple of throats that hadn't been yet, and grab the objective. Easiest B-class ever."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown10627 » April 17th, 2010, 3:45 pm

The blood drains from Sosuke's face.

"Oh, oh no-"

"Not another one-"

"For an entire mission-"

"This is going to be hell." Daisuke gives his single contribution to this dialogue.
unknown10627

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Itsuki merely tips his own sunglasses down to peer at the three over the frames, and gives them a bright grin.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » April 17th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Aoi looks like she's about to cry.

"Please, Itsuki-san, please do not live up to your reputations!"

Especially not the one about you being able to talk entirely about yourself for days on end, she doesn't say.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2010, 4:36 pm

"Which one? My reputation with the ladies, my reputation on the battlefield, my reputation of running my mouth, my reputation for excessive force..." he trails off and grins at her. "Just kidding with ya. So, mind if I take a look at those mission parameters?" He holds out one hand, gesturing at the packet of paper.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » April 17th, 2010, 4:39 pm

"They're for the team leader, I'm not to give them to anybody else. If we go by seniority, the team leader has yet to arrive." Aoi says hesitantly.
(I do love Itsuki, Tempy, but his personality is bound to call attention to it.)
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Itsuki shrugs, then pulls his scroll out of his sleeve and leans against the wall, opening the scroll and beginning to peruse it once more, making small "hmmm" sounds every one in a while.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 17th, 2010, 8:32 pm

"Good to see everyone getting along so quickly."

Wearing what might be described as smart casual wear and of course his favorite shades Nishiyori walks up to the group and introduces himself smoothly.

“I’m your team leader, Nishiyori Fukakouryoku. I know your names but if you still need to introduce yourselves to everyone then please do. Akita-san, you have something for me?” he asks the young chunin.
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » April 17th, 2010, 8:36 pm

"Yes, sir," Aoi hands Nishiyori the thick and slightly bent envelope of parameters. "I know I'm not as skilled as Tsukiko-san, but I will do my best as this team's medic."
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » April 17th, 2010, 9:07 pm

Nishiyori nods and takes the envelope. "She did say you're talented." he says while taking out the mission specs and looking them over.

'A good way to encourage is to give a standard to meet. An expression of faith from someone else helps even more, especially when it's true.'*

oog: are the mission parameters the same as the original Sodegaura mission?

*oh, noting this since I havn't done it in awhile. the 'single quotes' indicate a voiceover. Nobody in-game hears those.
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » April 17th, 2010, 9:53 pm

[Sort of. You are still to assassinate the Lord without people knowing it's Konoha. However, this time, you are to avoid contact with civilians at all cost. If you do run into them, make sure they won't talk.]

"I-thank you sir," Aoi blushes and looks down.
ewuvi

Unread postby unknown10627 » April 17th, 2010, 11:04 pm

"So, what are you thinking we should do, Taichou?" Daisuke asks quietly.

(heh, it looks like at least three people here are wearing sunglasses.)
unknown10627

Unread postby spudman » April 21st, 2010, 9:43 pm

"Don't call me taichou..." Nishiyori says idly as he reads the mission document.

-------------------

Duration: 1-4 Weeks

Pay: Standard mid-B-ranked as matches Assignees’ respective rank

Description: Remove Lord Itakura Hiroshi from power.
Sodegaura is a medium sized mining town in Fire Country near the border with Waterfall country. The town is part of the fiefdom of Lord Itakura Hiroshi who inherited his lands and powers at the passing of his father 4 years ago. It was recently discovered [See mission #0528M-03-03D] Lord Itakura has discovered a source of diamonds on his land and proceeded with their mining without informing the government of Fire Country. The mines were found to be partially manned with slave labour and no taxes or tribute was paid to the Government.

Lord Itakura has used the funds gained from this mine to form a private army-cum-police force and to gain political power and alliances. It is believed it is in the best interests of Konoha and Fire Country that Itakura is removed from power and his army disbanded, use of lethal force is authorised. However due to Sodegaura’s close proximity to Waterfall country and Itakura’s political connections there it is potentially troublesome for Konoha to be seen to be involved. Contact with civilians is to be avoided or they must be kept from talking. Assignees should attempt to discover who Itakura’s co-conspirators are however it is understood infiltration is not the group’s speciality.

Additional teams will be sent to investigate the town and take care of civil affairs at the completion of the mission.

-----------------------

After going over the mission with the team the document is disposed of. Nishiyori looks over his subordinates for the mission, sizing them up.

"What do all of you know about the Yakuza?" he asks them.

oog: changed a bit from the original sodegaura thread so that it includes the "not contacting civilians" part.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 21st, 2010, 10:08 pm

Itsuki scowls. "A fair bit. A couple low-tier gangs tried to muscle in on my grandfather's import business in Grass at one point when I was very young. Things got pretty ugly for a bit, and since I was a potential target of opportunity I had to learn to recognize signs that someone might be a Yakuza operative. Most of them don't like hiring ninja, think it makes them look weak, so they tend to use their own people for operations, and a lot of ninja will ignore people without noticeable chakra signatures. The situation was resolved, but the information stuck. I can't reliably identify higher-ranking personnel though, just their rank-and-file."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Mission Central