Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Unread postby MEKristian » October 17th, 2010, 2:41 pm

She watches quietly at the young children playing. Such pure innocence used to be so hard to find, but it's been growing more prevalent during the time she was locked up. So when the little girl holding the rubber ball screams, her boding beginning to compress inward as flesh, bone, muscle and soul are converted into chakra, filling her up.

How long has it been since she's felt the ecstasy of a good meal? It makes her want to do so many things! And as the children stand in stock terror around what remains of their friend, jagged black tendrils reach out of their shadows and begin rending their bodies apart. After all, her return deserves only the finest for a feast, does it not?

---

Shiki leans impatiently against the town gate, waiting for the annoying team that the old Firecracker has no doubt assigned him. He would just simply leave, but then they'd probably have orders to drag him back to Konoha; and something like that would be more trouble than it's worth.

(We may not have a full team, but considering that nobody else seems to want to join in, I may as well start the mission proper. If anybody does feel like joining before we head out, feel free to say so, though once we get going, there's not going to be room for last-minute joiners.)
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Re: Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 17th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Itsuki walks up, face set in a grim line. "What are we looking at here?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » October 17th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Tsukiko arrives at the gate shortly after Itsuki, but not in time to catch the question he asked. Seeing who is already present she says, "We're waiting for one more."
spudman

Unread postby Phht » October 17th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Higure hops down from the ninja highway of rooftops and walks the last few feet to the group. His pack has significantly more pouches attached than normal (which would only be on the strap or not at all), all fairly easy access for him.

"Anyone else coming?"

[Technically, we do have a team. 4 person cell~ Probably not exactly ideal for the mission, but it is a team. ;)

Also, I'm glad I won't be the team medic this mission. Thank you, Tsukiko!]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » October 17th, 2010, 6:38 pm

Shiki sighs at Itsuki's question, pulling out a file folder when the other two arrive.

"Miyako Abikyoukan," He recites, "Also known as the Existence Eater, with the Rank of Arcana Number Twenty, The Judgment. S-ranked in Ninjutusu and Juinjutsu, A-ranked in Taijutsu and Fuinjutsu, C-ranked in Genjustu and Sougujutsu. Special ability is called Kuikorosu, allowing her to convert matter into chakra, as well as gain any related skills and knowledge from human targets. She has the clan abilities from every major clan Konoha has to offer except for the Uchiha."

He waits for any other Questions.
MEKristian

Unread postby bookworm702 » October 17th, 2010, 7:03 pm

(Question: Why didn't we kill them?)
bookworm702

Unread postby MEKristian » October 17th, 2010, 7:08 pm

(Question: Why didn't we kill them?)
(Why do you think?)
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » October 17th, 2010, 7:10 pm

"... holy fuck. This is search and destroy, right? Preferably at a distance with enough explosives to level a hidden village. Not capture... again. Why was it capture the first time?"

[There, we can get an in-story answer, because I know I was thinking it after I read the post.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 17th, 2010, 7:16 pm

"I must admit I'm curious as well, Shiki-san. Also, is there anything about her personality that we can exploit, and what is the range of Kuikorosu?"
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » October 17th, 2010, 7:22 pm

"You don't think I didn't try that the first time!?" Shiki snaps, "I'm a portable arsenal and I couldn't take her down the first time! Sure, if we CAN kill her, I'll be the first to jump on that bandwagon, but that damn woman is like a cockroach that can bite your head off in one go."

He takes breath, calming himself.

"I don't know if it'll work twice, but I do have everything necessary to seal her away again. As for personality.... she's childish, arrogant in her own ability -though not without good reason. She'll probably turn killing us into a game... but, at the same time, she's not an idiot, and can find ways to piss-off even the most hardened of veterans.

"Her range with that ability is pretty much as far as she can see; but it's limited in the fact that you can see the chakra coming and it doesn't move terribly fast. Unless, of course, she uses her jyuken-modification to plant it inside of something, including Shadows."
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » October 17th, 2010, 7:34 pm

[Ah, Alien/Aliens. Or I guess maybe AvP/AvP2. "The reading's off the charts, man!" "You're just reading me." "I'm telling you, there's something in here and it ain't us!" Too bad we can't nuke her from orbit. This is gonna be good. :D ]

"Damn. Do we know what her genjutsu resistance is like? Given her ranking in that area, it might be a good means to disable her, at least." He taps his ear in thought, then glances to the rest of the team. "And do we have any way to communicate with each other if we have to split up?"
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 17th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Itsuki digs into his pack and pulls out a handful of ANBU earpiece transceivers. "Got these from a cousin of mine who supplies the village with electronics. Said they were from a shipment that had gotten lost, and that he couldn't sell unless he had the entire shipment." He's looking perfectly innocent as he hands them out.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » October 17th, 2010, 7:53 pm

"So the chakra of Kuikorosu can move with her shadow, and it can enter something else from contact with that shadow, herself, or the chakra in its 'free' form? That makes close combat extremely dangerous. As for genjutsu, keep in mind that she has the byakugan so she can see through most illusions that directly target the vision. Then again, we can use that against her if she sees through one layer of genjutsu and assumes she's beaten your tricks Higure-san."

Tsukiko removes her own earpiece from a pocket. "I'll pretend I provided the transceivers for all of us, Itsuki-san." giving a small smile.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » October 17th, 2010, 7:58 pm

"Bloodline techniques," Shiki says, taking one of the transmitters, "not bloodline limits. She doesn't have the Byakugan, or we'd have no chance. But even then, you'd have to get close enough without being noticed to even attempt a Genjutsu, which is risky enough."
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » October 17th, 2010, 8:51 pm

"Ah, I see." Tsukiko accepts the correction. "That was foolish of me to assume. In any case, what you've prepared to seal her...do you need a certain amount of time or other conditions to use it?"
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 17th, 2010, 10:01 pm

Itsuki looks up from where he's been absently running a coin over his knuckles. "Quick question. How effective are pure-chakra attacks against this bitch? Or elemental attacks for that matter. If she's some kind of chakra eater, then I may be as good as useless."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MEKristian » October 17th, 2010, 11:00 pm

"No, it'll work; there's a difference between "Active chakra" and "Passive chakra" or something to that effect. Either way, she can't just suck power out of attacks."
MEKristian

Unread postby Random_fan » October 18th, 2010, 2:23 am

Rika is walking past the assembled group when he hears what they are talking about.

"If you guys need another ninja to deal with, whoever this is I can lend a hand."
Random_fan

Unread postby Phht » October 18th, 2010, 4:16 pm

"I'm not in a position to say either way, but one more person can't hurt in this case. But, given that the target already has... what? six or seven days lead on us? We should get moving to track her soon."
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 18th, 2010, 5:01 pm

"Ano..." Tsukiko looks at Rika for a moment before recognizing who he is. "Ah, your name is Kajou Rika-san, rank is jounin. My name is Namikaze Tsukiko. Rika-san, help would be appreciated. I don't doubt your resolve, but I don't know what you have heard so far. I must make it clear that we are pursuing a hostile and deadly S-rank target. Do you accept this mission?"
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 18th, 2010, 6:39 pm

Itsuki flips the coin in midair, snatching it between two fingers. "One thing to remember though. The target's also insane. So any course of action that makes logical sense to any of us would be a potential course, but not a significantly more viable one than her staying nearby. Shiki, what can you tell us about the nature of the target's insanity? Any specific quirks beyond childishness and overwhelming pride?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » October 18th, 2010, 9:04 pm

"I accept this mission, good thing I always have my equipment with me."
Random_fan

Unread postby MEKristian » October 18th, 2010, 9:41 pm

"Then let's get going; we've wasted enough time already." And Shiki begins out the gate.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » October 18th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Tsukiko nods and follows, indicating to the others to move out as well.
spudman

Unread postby Random_fan » October 18th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Rika follows silently.
Random_fan

Return to “%s” Mission Central