Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Unread postby spudman » November 2nd, 2010, 10:56 pm

Which is why I said remarkable, not impossible.

Hehe...

*When they find out Hinata is pregnant with Tsukiko*

Sakura: "What?! I did the vasectomy myself this time!"

Naruto: "Well I'm not getting another one! Three times is enough!"

Hinata: "It doesn't seem to take anyway, maybe we need a different approach."

*Sakura and Hinata (after Tsukiko is born obviously) decide to have tubal ligations.*

*about 16-17 years later...*

Sakura: *giving Hinata a checkup* "...I don't *$%^ing believe it!"

Hinata: "What is it?"

*tells the news*

Hinata and Naruto: :O_O: *faints*
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 2nd, 2010, 11:09 pm

Hey, who's to say that repeated... exposure, to Kyuubi modified chakra wouldn't have a cumulative healing effect on the area exposed?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » November 3rd, 2010, 10:16 pm

Access to Iron Country is rather limited, right?
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 3rd, 2010, 10:22 pm

Very secure, and very neutral. However, methinks that in this case they would welcome help from personnel who know what's going on, and how to potentially deal with the situation. Although I thought Iron Country was tiny. I mean, the place literally fits inside of three mountains according to the wiki. How have they lost several villages?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » November 3rd, 2010, 10:42 pm

Seems bigger than that on the maps I've seen.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » November 3rd, 2010, 10:58 pm

According to RP map, Iron Country is sitting between Waterfall and Rice Field. On the map from Naruto 515, it's the country Madara's super-army is located in, for reference.

I wouldn't say so much 'limited access' as 'stick to the roads or samurai might think you're "up to something"' until you can check in with a samurai garrison or base and maybe get papers allowing more freedom of travel?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » February 12th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Hm, just what does a "chakra-burst" in a punch or kick mean exactly? If it's similar to the jyuuken in that there's a bit of chakra in the attacking limb, my interpretation is that it's at the foot or hand usually, or at some other spot. A whole limb or body area at once would require much more chakra and control, I imagine.

Is that what you're going for Ash, or chakra being applied to that part of the body for a speed and/or strength boost?
spudman

Unread postby leon89 » February 12th, 2011, 11:55 pm

well spudman this is something i i've put a lot of thought into. See Tsunade uses chakra bursts to create her earth shattering punches, and she would probably be about as strong as your average Jounin with out chakra reinforced muscles and bones.

so a punch or kick with a chakra burst would just be a more powerful kick or punch. though how much more powerful could be a function of how much chakra was put into it and how controlled the chakra was.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby AshBellringer » February 13th, 2011, 3:43 am

Sort of what Leon said, with this addition: It's sort of like adding little boosters to your arms and legs, that 'burst' out from the chakra points on your body.

These blasts of chakra work like the navigational boosters on a rocket in space. When applied, it changes the direction and speed (and with speed, strength and damage) of any given strike, depending on where it's put.

For example, one launched from the back of the knee in a knee strike, with additional ones from the feet, could turn a straight up knee into a flying knee strike that could throw you on your back, or change the direction of a kick from high to low, or a straight down axe kick into a diagonal one, or so on.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby serbii » February 13th, 2011, 9:12 am

It'd be a double edged sword though, because you'd be putting more strain on and doing more damage to your own muscles, ligaments and bones with every hit. Equal and opposite kids, you hit harder the force on your own body is going to be harder too.
serbii

Unread postby AshBellringer » February 13th, 2011, 12:04 pm

Pretty much, yeah. But that's where Hai's higher stamina score from the blacksmith comes into play. It helps her resist the high forces involved with using those bursts of chakra, and because her chakra control is decent but her chakra reserves are pretty low, the result could be not so good on her body in the future if it's not refined properly.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby Phht » February 15th, 2011, 1:01 am

I'm looking at four Fuuton jutsu. They were used by Danzo, so there's no official ranking for them out yet. Shinkuu Gyoku (Vacuum Sphere), Shinkuuha (Vacuum Wave), Shinku Renpa (Vacuum Successive Waves), Shinkuu Taigyoku (Vacuum Great Sphere). Given the names and their abilities, Shinkuu Gyoku and Shinkuu Taigyoku are related jutsu, and Shinkuuha and Shinku Renpa are related jutsu.
  • Shinkuu Gyoku has a similar effect to Housenka no Jutsu, a C-rank Katon, but has 0~10m range compared to the Katon's 0~5m range. So if I go with similarity, Shinkuu Gyoku could be C-rank. But since it has longer range, it could be B-rank.
  • Shinkuu Taigyoku differs from the other version in that instead of multiple 'bullets', it's one big 'bullet' and also has a longer range (10m+) than the other version. Given other canon jutsu that 'improve' on an earlier version (including increased range) are one rank up from that version, I'm comfortable with listing this one as +1 rank above whatever the Shinkuu Gyoku ends up as being.
  • Shinkuuha fires a blade of air by being exhaled from the user's mouth. The closest jutsu I can find that seems similar is the Fuuton jutsu Kaze no Yaiba - the wind sword Baki used to kill Gekko Hayate during the Chunin Exam. It's an A-rank that expels a blade of air from fingertips and strikes the opponent when the fingers are slashed towards them.
    • Expelling from the mouth seems more intuitive than from one's fingers, which would make me think that this might be -1 rank from Kaze no Yaiba. But OTOH, the method used to form the Kaze no Yaiba seems somewhat intuitive for a swordsman (but also more difficult, since you're pulling ambient air together instead of using what's in your lungs being exhaled). So I'm unsure whether this would be B-rank or A-rank.
    • This gets more annoying in that it was never used by Danzo against Sasuke, but rather the Wood Country ninja that attacked him prior to the Summit. So I can't use it's location in the fight as a possible indicator of it's strength.
  • Shinkuu Renpa fires multiple air blades by being exhaled from the user's mouth. There's no range change (0~10m for both this and Shinkuuha), so I'm not sure where to rank this. It could be -1 rank if each blade is weaker than the sole Shinkuuha blade. It could be +1 rank if each blade is equal to the sole Shinkuuha blade. As a result, this one could end up being anywhere from C-rank to S-rank depending on what Shinkuuha ends up.
    • This one is used near the end of his fight with Sasuke, so I'm doubtful he'd switch to a weaker attack, even if he was using his summon to boost the jutsu's strength. He used it the same chapter as the Shinkuu Taigyoku, so it would need to be similar or higher ranked. This technique, boosted by Danzo's summon's suction, broke Sasuke's Susanoo. This would point to B-rank to S-rank.
Ideas, comments, etc on rankings?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby leon89 » February 15th, 2011, 2:27 am

Shinkuu Gyoku could go C or B, though i would lean twards B
Shinkuu Taigyoku IMO one bigger bullet should be easier to use then multiple smaller bullets. is likely to be rank = or -1 Shinkuu Gyoku for skill using it.
Shinkuuha as for the comparison to Kaze no Yaiba, well ninja's use their hands to focus and control their magic chakra. and then think to how one trains up their wind affinity. err... i'im droping that train of thought, Shinkuuha has more power but less control over the blade its self, but Kaze no Yaibe has more fines but has less cutting power. keep them the same rank
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Phht » February 15th, 2011, 5:15 am

Shinkuu Taigyoku IMO one bigger bullet should be easier to use then multiple smaller bullets. is likely to be rank = or -1 Shinkuu Gyoku for skill using it.
Spoiler: show
  • Katon: Endan (Fireball) - C-rank; 0~10m range. Seems about adult human height radius.
    • Katon: Dai Endan (Great Fireball) - B-rank; 0~10m range. Double to triple the fireball size of regular Endan.
  • Katon: Ryuuka no Jutsu (Dragon Fire Technique) - C-rank; 5~10m range. Used by Sasuke in Forest of Death.
    • Katon: Gouryuuka no Jutsu (Great Dragon Fire Technique) - B-rank; 0~10m+ range. Used in Sasuke vs Itachi final fight.
  • Kamitachi (Cutting Whirlwind) - C-rank; 0~10m range. Used by Temari against Tenten in Chunin Exam.
    • Dai Kamaitachi (Great Cutting Whirlwind) - B-rank; 0~10m+ range. Used by Temari against Tayuya during Sasuke Retrieval Mission.
  • Suiton: Baku Suishouha (Bursting Water Collision Waves) - B-rank; 0~10m+ range. Expels a bunch of water to flood an area. Used against Team Gai during Gaara Rescue.
    • Suiton: Daibaku Suishouha (Great Bursting Water Collision Waves) - unknown; 0~10m+ range. This is the water bubble Kisame used in his first fight with Bee.
  • Suiton: Suikoudan no Jutsu (Water Shark Missile Technique) - B-rank; 0~10m range. Used during the Konoha Akatsuki fight pre-time skip.
    • Suiton: Daikoudan no Jutsu (Great Shark Missile Technique) - unknown; 0~10m+ range. Used at the end of the Kisame vs Gai fight, and uses the opponent's chakra to increase its power.
  • Suiton: Goshokuzame (Five Sharks Eating) - B-rank; 0~10m+ range. Used against Team Gai during Gaara Rescue.
    • Suiton: Senjikizame (Thousand Sharks Eating - unknown; 0~10m+ range. Used while trying to sneak Kisame's summon past Gai.
In three cases listed, there was a power increase between the two versions while keeping the same general range. In three cases, there was a range increase in addition to the power increase. This also sets a pattern where by tacking on "Great" or the like where there is an existing version without that word in canon, makes it more powerful. In the three cases where we know the ranks of both jutsu, the one with "Great" added to it is +1 rank to the version without the word.

So following the pattern, Shinkuu Taigyoku would be more powerful than just Shinkuu Gyoku. Also, Danzo used both techniques in his fight with Sasuke. Shinkuu Gyoku was used early on after Izanagi came out and Sasuke only had his imperfect Susanoo come and go. Shinkuu Taigyoku was used after the perfect Susanoo appeared. Generally speaking, people don't use weaker jutsu as they move through a fight on this level. Particularly when your opponent is throwing around Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, and Susanoo and you have a time limit (Izanagi Sharingan use) to finish the fight in.

Something to consider. Each small air 'bullet' requires a small amount of chakra to hold it together over 0 to 10m, versus the chakra needed to hold a large ball of air together for up to and over 10m.

--

I think I shall place Shinkuuha as A-rank. It seems like a more AoE version of Kaze no Yaiba, given that he used it to take out several airborne Wood ninja attackers. However, he DID apparently use it in his fight against Sasuke right after Sasuke summoned a Hawk. Sasuke jumped over the attack while the hawk dropped below it. So it can take out more people than the Kaze no Yaiba, but is easier to avoid unless in a spot where one can't dodge. Seems like a fair enough trade-off to keep it in the same rank range. From this, the Shinkuu Renpa would then likely be B-rank or S-rank, depending on whether each air blade fired was weaker than or equal to the Shinkuuha's sole blade.

Alternately, the fact that it can be dodged fairly easily if you're in a position to do so could give it a B-rank and Shinkuu Renpa could be an "upgunned" version of it to counter the dodge issue by spitting multiple Shinkuuha. I could see combining it with the suction of Danzo's Baku summon to be S-rank strength (and be able to crack open a perfect Susanoo).
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » February 23rd, 2011, 3:57 am

So, Miyu's teammates are dead. Can we get names and when this happened?
spudman

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 4:13 am

Hideaki Uzumaki and Akane Yuuhi, both chunin at the time of their deaths. They died about six months ago on a mission that went bad. They had been chunin for not quite a year, having made chunin at the same time as their surviving teammate Miyu Yasuragi.
Anything else you need?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby spudman » February 23rd, 2011, 4:36 am

You can include more info if you want, but no rush. I was asking out of curiosity and because Hideaki is one of Tsukiko's nephews.
spudman

Unread postby spudman » March 1st, 2011, 2:07 am

Food pills can be taken before a person has lost most of their chakra, right?
spudman

Unread postby leon89 » March 19th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Has their been anything on what happened to the 7 Swords of the Swordsman of the Mist.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Phht » March 19th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Well, we... Nope. Nothing at all. Or, there might've been a reference to one in someone's bio, but I can't recall or seem to find it.

In canon there's only one still-living member of it at the time the 4GSW breaks out. The specifics of the end of the 4GSW in RP are fairly... vague. Bee defeated Kisame after Samehada defected. I may or may not slightly modify that to fit Kisame's "death" in canon by having the Raikage involved in Kisame's death. Zetsu was caught out, run down, and killed by Iwa, Kumo, Konoha, and Kiri forces in September. Sasuke was captured in a battle in October. Late November Bee was captured and in Dec Madara is killed before he can extract Bee's biju. However, there is room to insert Kabutomaru in there (as otherwise he just kinda disappears into the background after Orochimaru's death and never is brought up again) and thus (some of) the various zombies he brought back.

If we do that, the various Swordsmen weapons can be recovered after their zombie defeat and returned to Kiri. And one would figure that with (almost) all the swords back, new generations of Swordsmen would appear. Maybe Suigetsu ends up involved in the rebuilding?

Other than that, nope.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby leon89 » March 20th, 2011, 12:41 am

I just had a stray thought about your RP fiction. I blame the current chapter of Naruto.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 21st, 2011, 2:21 pm

What all, other than the current priestess's name, has been established regarding demon country? Have there been any missions there,events stuff like that? Just want to make sure i dont contradict anything thats already been laid out.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Phht » March 21st, 2011, 4:53 pm

Beyond the priestess's name, not that I'm aware of. You should check Jasruv's posts in the Naruto RP forums, as his character was from Demon Country and would've been responsible for fleshing it out more.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » March 23rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

Is Tsukiko's view of Nero obscured by the fire jutsu? Might have her try an attack...

O, and Higure needs to do something. *pokes phht*
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » March 23rd, 2011, 11:06 pm

Make your own Judgment on that, I suppose? Or somebody who's got a good idea of how the Byakugan would work can take this one?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Return to “%s” Moritake's