Team TYPI: The First Week

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Team TYPI: The First Week

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 3:33 am

Konoha Training Ground 12
August 12
7:45 AM

Tatsumaru quietly worked his way through his training kata. Swords moving around him in an intricate pattern.
Finishing the man stopped and took a deep breath. It was the first meeting of the new team. He had no idea how it would go.

Returning to a ready stance Tatsumaru began a new kata. Hopefully it would go well. Although Miyu-san was a nagging issue. Something about her...just didn't seem right.

At least he had plenty of energy Tatsumaru mused to himself. He'd been since 7:30 just training. Still didn't feel tired yet.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Re: Team TYPI: The First Week

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 3:47 am

Konoha Training Ground 12
12 August, 8:00 a.m.

Miyu arrives at the training field an hour before the designated meeting time. She looks a bit surprised to see Tatsumaru already there, but quickly recovers.
"Good morning, Tatsumaru-san," she says politely.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby spudman » May 14th, 2011, 3:52 am

oog: Did Tatsumaru ever find his shirt? *snrk* :secret_laugh:
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 3:53 am

Tatsumaru stops his kata and sheathes his swords. He's surprised to see Miyu here.

"Hello Miyu-san. You're here early." he says.

*Odd...didn't expect anyone here until much later* Tatsumaru thinks to himself.

oog: Nope he just gave up and got another one.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 4:00 am

"Yes," Miyu answers. She sits down, leaning against a tree, and is silent for a moment.
"I am used to arriving at the hospital at seven," she explains after a short silence. "I found myself with nothing to do after a while, and so came here. I hope this is not a problem?"
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 4:04 am

Tatsumaru shakes his head.

"Not at all. Just surprised. If I didn't have to train. I'd probably be still asleep."

Tatsumaru moves so he's standing beside Miyu.

"So are you okay with this?" he asks.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 4:19 am

"Being on a team with you?" Miyu asks. "Yes. I apologize if my behavior has caused you to think otherwise."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 6:25 am

Tatsumaru waves his hands defensively

"No it's not that. I meant being on a team and going out on missions again."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Miyu glances up at Tatsumaru, wearing a puzzled expression.
"Why would I not be?" she asks.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Tatsumaru raises an eyebrow

"There are several I can think of."
Still grieving for your last team, missions triggering issues and maybe not even liking missions anymore he thinks.

"Still glad you're here."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 6:36 pm

"Thank you," Miyu replies, and lapses into silence, staring absently into the distance.

"How does she do that?" Akane asked once. "Just... sit there and not go stir-crazy?"
"How should I know?" Hideaki replied. "It's kind of scary..."
"It is called patience," Miyu said then, annoyed. "You would do well to cultivate it."

((Format note: Italicized things are memories, thoughts, or suchlike, and are not said aloud in the present.))
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 6:42 pm

"You feel like sparring to get back into the swing of things?"
Tatsumaru doesn't actually expect her to agree. But feels he should do something to break the silence.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Without directly answering Tatsumaru's question, Miyu observes, "You still do not take well to silence, do you, Tatsumaru-san?"
She still looks kind of distant, like she is thinking about something.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Tatsumaru gives a nervous smile.

"No not really."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 14th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Miyu smiles faintly.
"You're like Hideaki-kun that way," she says offhandedly. "But silence can be nice, ne? It allows one space to think, and to observe a person without being distracted by words. And it is restful."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 14th, 2011, 8:56 pm

"It can be." Tatsumaru admits.

"I just like to hear things I guess"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 15th, 2011, 1:07 am

"Then listen to wind blowing through trees," says Miyu, "and birds singing, and the whisper of breath."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 15th, 2011, 4:06 am

Miyu-san does not appear to be very talkative then she never was. Tatsumaru thinks to himself.

Tatsumaru waits for a few minutes. Trying to achieve that peaceful state Miyu was talking about.

Finally he gives up and admits.
"When ever I hear silence I think I'm out on mission or something. It doesn't feel comfortable to me."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 15th, 2011, 4:44 am

"Missions are noise and chaos and plans falling to pieces most of the time," Miyu says too calmly. "Silence is rest and peace. Quiet is time spent with friends."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 15th, 2011, 4:49 am

Tatsumaru looks at her a little oddly.

"Yeah missions can be like that. When they go bad. But they can also be quiet as a grave when there's no friendship between the team members. I think it's a matter of perspective." He says.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 15th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Miyu shrugs slightly.
"Perhaps," she replies, and falls silent again.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 15th, 2011, 4:31 pm

Tatsumaru tries to think of something to say. But everything he comes up with sounds banal.
Eventually he settles on just working on his chakra control with meditation.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » May 16th, 2011, 12:59 am

Toshizo walks into the clearing 15 minutes early, taking it slow so as not to strain his muscles. He had done some light experimentation with his recommended stretches, and found that any jump of more than a foot caused a fair amount of pain. As such, roof jumping to the training ground wasn't an option.

He had spent several hours in the clan libraries yesterday, but to no avail. Yet. He had to believe that an answer lay somewhere in those scrolls. It was just a matter of diligence.

"Hello, Tatsumaru-san, Yasuragi-san. You're both here rather early."
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » May 16th, 2011, 1:08 am

Tatsumaru looks up from his chakra exercises. Toshizo looked a little tender. But should be alright for what he had in mind.

"Morning Toshizo-san. I had to train a bit. It's been a while since I've done field missions."
Tatsumaru gives a smile.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 16th, 2011, 1:28 am

Miyu looks up at Toshizo.
"Good morning, Yamanaka-san," she says politely, choosing not to explain her earliness again. "How are you feeling? Are you especially sore anywhere? Nauseous, dizzy, disoriented?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Return to “%s” Mission Central